Ecommerce player Flipkart continues its hiring spree for top level executives. The company has roped in former Google executive Surojit Chatterjee to head consumer experience across desktop and mobile, reports Reuters.
At Google, Chatterjee was head of product for mobile search ads and AdSense. Prior to Google, he worked at various levels at IBM, Oracle and Symantec. Chatterjee also holds 33 patents to his name in the United States, according to his LinkedIn profile.
Other hires at Flipkart
– Earlier this week Flipkart hired MakeMyTrip’s chief technology officer Sharat Singh as vice president of engineering for content. At the same time the company also hired Ravi Krishnaswamy as vice president of engineering for infrastructure.
– Late last month, Flipkart appointed Samardeep Subandh as its chief marketing officer where Subandh would be focusing on gaining customer insights, customer centricity and communications.
– In the same month, the company hired Sriram Venkataraman as the CFO for its commerce platform and Pramod Jain as VP and head of taxation. Venkataraman would head all aspects of the finance functions and drive its business and strategy.
– In April, the company also appointed Peeyush Ranjan as Head of Engineering, joining from Google.
– In March, Flipkart appointed Puneet Soni as its chief product officer, who joined from Motorola Mobility.
– In the same month, McKinsey’s Saikiran Krishnamurthy was appointed as COO of Commerce Division.
Recent departures and moves to advisory roles
– Ravi Vora, CEO of Strategic Brands at Flipkart quit in September, after a little over four years at the company.
– Flipkart’s CTO Amod Malviya moved to an advisory role earlier, while its Head of Engineering Sameer Nigam quit. More here.