Ecommerce player Snapdeal has appointed Anup Vikal as its chief financial officer and will operate from Gurgaon. Before joining Snapdeal, Vikal was the CFO at telecom operator Aircel for almost 3 years, before which he was the Group CFO and head of IT and strategy at InterGlobe for over 3 years.
He has worked as the director and head of financial shared services at Colt Technology for 1.5 years, and Finance and billing director at COLT Telecom for 1.5 years. Vikal has also worked as VP and finance head, management reporting head, regional CFO and head of finance at Airtel for over 18 years. Prior to that, he worked as the head of credit and risk at Tata HomeFinance for 1.5 years.
Previous Snapdeal appointments:
– Last month, the company appointed Harish Sivaramakrishnan as its Vice President for Design. Harish’s new role includes spearheading the design team and building design studios in Delhi and Bangalore.
– In the same month, it appointed Rahul Ganjoo as VP of its technology team, where Ganjoo would be responsible for product development at the company. Ganjoo joined Snapdeal from Twitter where he was in charge of technical program management & agile transformation for 2.5 years.
– Likewise, it also appointed Hardeep Singh as its head of infrastructure, where Singh would be responsible for Snapdeal’s supply chain strategies, network design, infrastructure and special projects.
– In August, it appointed Viraj Chatterjee as the VP of Engineering. Chatterjee would lead Snapdeal’s technology development solutions to enhance its seller experience.
– Snapdeal also hired former TaxiForSure chief technology officer Amitava Ghosh as vice president of engineering in August. In July, it appointed Govind Rajan as its chief strategy officer. In the same month, Snapdeal appointed Amit Choudhary as the senior vice president of corporate finance.
– Dharmendra Panwar as VP of internal controls and risk assurance,
– Vivek Patankar as senior VP of Finance and
– The company also hired Yahoo India R&D Division and Amazon India executive Jeyandran Venugopal in February.
Snapdeal’s chief financial officer Aakash Moondhra quit the company. In February, Snapdeal CTO and Senior VP of Engineering Amitabh Misra resigned after about 3.5 years with the e-commerce marketplace.