OnePlus has announced that it will start manufacturing phones in India, reports NexBigWhat. According to the report, the company will start manufacturing at Foxconn’s Rising Stars factory within the Sri City Integrated Business City in Andhra Pradesh by 2015. According to the company, it will be able to manufacture up to 500,000 units per month at the 30,000 sq ft…
- In comments on IT Rules, NLUD’s CCG flags ‘Corporate Censorship’ and unequal ‘grievance redressal’ August 12, 2022
- TLDR: Google’s fact-check, WhatsApp privacy, Kids’ data on Instagram, Microsoft in ONDC, GST on online gambling, more August 12, 2022
- IT Rules 2021: Now Google concerned about SRB mechanism for social media platforms August 12, 2022
- Summary: What are RBI’s new rules for digital lending apps and service providers? August 11, 2022
- IT Rules 2021: MeitY sticks to its guns, pushes for GAC for social media companies August 11, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...