According to the Indian telecom regulator TRAI, India added 0.78 million “active” mobile connections during the month of August 2015.
The Active connection data represents peak VLR (Visitor Location Register) data for the month. Some stats:
– There were 885.96 million active connection in the month of August.
– Strangely, Idea apparently has 103.41% of connections active on its network – the highest among all telcos. TRAI says the percentage of active connections is more than 100% due to in-roamers i.e. subscribers from other operators roaming in Idea’s network.
– RCom has the second highest active connection base of 96.96%, followed by Airtel at 96.20%.
In terms of the number of active connections, Airtel leads with 224.12 million connections followed by Vodafone at 176.50 million connections.
Mobile Operator Leaderboard For August 2015 (Total Connections):
– Airtel added 1.31 million connections, taking its connection base to 232.98 million.
– Idea added 1.16 million connections, taking its connection base to 163.92 million.
– Vodafone added 1.12 million connections, taking its connection base to 186.57 million.
– In terms of active connections, Assam leads with 99.83% active connections, followed by Kerala, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. North East has just 81.11% active connections, the lowest among all circles.
– UP (East) has the most number of connections, with 84.69 million connections (84,696,588 connections). Tamil Nadu is second with 79.90 million connections (79,903,043 connections) and Maharashtra is third with 78.45 million connections (78,456,440 connections).
– Bharti Airtel holds the maximum percentage market share of wireless connections at 23.56%, followed by Vodafone at 18.87%, Idea at 16.58%, Reliance at 11.12% and Aircel at 8.47%.
– 885 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in July 2015
– 881 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in June 2015
– 868 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in May 2015; RCOM Loses 1.11M