Media company HT Media has reported digital revenues of Rs 33.9 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2015, registering a 36.14% growth from Rs 24.9 crore in the same quarter last year. On a quarter-on-quarter basis the digital segment grew 10.79% from Rs 30.6 crore in the preceding quarter.
The losses in the segment however widened to Rs 18.35 crore compared to the loss of Rs 14.7 crore in the same quarter last year. The digital segment had reported losses of Rs 23.9 crore last quarter.
Shine.com and mobile growth
According to the company’s presentation, HT Media’s online job portal Shine.com has registered a year-on-year (YoY) revenue growth of around 41.3% in Q2 FY16 compared to Q2 FY15. Note, HT Media only discloses Shine’s revenue growth on a yearly basis for each quarter and has never disclosed Shine’s exact revenues.
HT Media’s mobile marketing venture HT Mobile has registered a 61.4% YoY revenue growth for the quarter compared to Q2 FY15.
It’s also worth noting that digital revenues accounted for just 5.24% of HT Media’s total income that was at Rs 647.2 crore for the quarter. The company’s newspaper & periodicals printing business still contributes a majority of its revenues, accounting for 83.14% of HT Media’s total income for the quarter.
– Total revenue up 8.8% to Rs 647.2 crore from Rs 594.8 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Profit After Tax (PAT) declined 8.7% to Rs 48 crore from Rs 52.6 crore in Q2-FY15. This was due to depreciation charges and higher tax.
– Print Advertising revenue stood at Rs 474.2 crore, an increase of 6.7% from Rs 444.4 crore in Q2 FY15
– Print Circulation revenue: 5.16% increase in circulation revenue to Rs 75.4 crore from Rs 71.7 crore due to higher circulation.
– Radio Business: 20% increase in revenue to Rs 29.3 crore in Q2’FY16 from Rs 24.4 crore in Q2 last year driven by advertising revenue growth.
– EBITDA grew by 2.2% to Rs 108.3 crore from Rs 106 crore due to a 5.5% decline in raw material costs, which is however partially offset by increase in employee costs and other expenses.