According to the Indian telecom regulator TRAI, India added 4.12 million “active” mobile connections during the month of July 2015.
The Active connection data represents peak VLR (Visitor Location Register) data for the month. Some stats:
– There were 885.18 million active connection in the month of July.
– Strangely, Idea apparently has 102.55% of connections active on its network – the highest among all telcos. TRAI says the percentage of active connections is more than 100% due to in-roamers i.e. subscribers from other operators roaming in Idea’s network.
– RCom has the second highest active connection base of 97.08%, followed by Airtel at 96.10%.
In terms of the number of active connections, Airtel leads with 222.63 million connections followed by Vodafone at 176.34 million connections.
Mobile Operator Leaderboard For July 2015 (Total Connections):
– Airtel added 1 million connections, taking its connection base to 231.67 million.
– Idea added 0.67 million connections, taking its connection base to 162.75 million.
– Rcom added 0.53 million connections, taking its connection base to 110.44 million.
– In terms of active connections, Himachal Pradesh leads with 95.92% active connections, followed by Kerala, West Bengal and Maharashtra. North East has just 81.26% active connections, the lowest among all circles.
– UP (East) has the most number of connections, with 84.35 million connections (84,354,271 connections). Tamil Nadu is second with 79.95 million connections (79,952,063 connections) and Maharashtra is third with 77.52 million connections (77,521,697 connections).
– Bharti Airtel holds the maximum percentage market share of wireless connections at 23.56%, followed by Vodafone at 18.86%, Idea at 16.55%, Reliance at 11.23% and Aircel at 8.48%.
– 881 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in June 2015
– 868 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in May 2015; RCOM Loses 1.11M
– 869 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in April 2015
– 862 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in March 2015
– 851M Active Mobile Connections In India in February 2015; BSNL Loses 2.55M Connections