The (sort of) churn at the top at Flipkart continues, with Mekin Maheshwari, one of the earlier employees at Flipkart and its Chief People Officer, will move to an advisory role at the company. He wasn’t available for a comment on his future plans at the time of filing this report, but a Flipkart representative has confirmed to MediaNama that Maheshwari will be associated with the company in an advisory role after new HR Head is found. Update: This development was first reported by Mint.
Maheshwari had joined Flipkart in 2009. He had earlier worked at uGenie which was acquired by Flipkart from Lulu in December 2010.
Before taking over as Chief People Officer, Maheshwari was the Head of Payments & Digital Media, having built the Payzippy business at Flipkart, which was eventually shuttered. Before that, he was serving as the Head of Engineering for more than three years. He’s also had stints at Yahoo and Majoris.
Other recent departures (or kind-of departures)
– Ravi Vora, CEO of Strategic Brands at Flipkart quit earlier this month, after a little over four years at the company
– Flipkart’s CTO Amod Malviya moved to an advisory role earlier, while its Head of Engineering Sameer Nigam quit. More here.
– CEO’s of two firms acquired by Flipkart also left recently: Anurag Dod of Adiquity and Tanuj Mendiratta of Appiterate.
Recent hires at Flipkart
– Puneet Soni was appointed Chief Product Officer, joining from Motorola Mobility.
– Peeyush Ranjan was appointed Head of Engineering, joining from Google.
– Mayur Datar joined as Principal Data Scientist. He was previously with Google.
– Former Yahoo India R&D Head Hari Vasudev joined as senior VP of engineering, IT & analytics for Flipkart’s Supply Chain team
– Anand KV was appointed as senior VP of customer experience (commerce platform). He was previously Hathway Cable & Datacom’s president (digital platforms)
– txtWeb co-founder Manish Maheshwari was appointed VP and head of seller ecosystem.
– In March, McKinsey’s Saikiran Krishnamurthy was appointed as COO of Commerce Division.
P.s.: Have you tried our Anonymous Tip box? It’s very easy to use.
Corrigendum: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated that Flipkart had acquired Lulu. The error is regretted and the story has been updated to reflect this change. Also, Maheshwari informs us that he will move to an advisory role after his successor is found. Our apologies for the errors.