Ecommerce player Snapdeal has appointed Govind Rajan as its chief strategy officer. Rajan will take on his new role in August. Before joining Snapdeal, Rajan served as the chief marketing officer for the consumer business at Airtel.
In July last year, Rajan took additional charge of Airtel Money as its CEO, taking over from Sriram Jagannathan, who was with the company for about four and a half years. At Airtel, Rajan was responsible for revenue and market share growth, customer lifecycle management and building marketing capability for the organisation.
Rajan worked at Hindustan Unilever (HUL) in various positions including as the general manager/marketing director, regional sales manager and brand manager. He joined HUL as a management trainee in 1997 and has worked at the company for over 15 years. He also served as the regional vice president of south Asia for skin cleansing and vice president of the skincare business at HUL.
Other top level hires and exits at Snapdeal:
– Last week, Snapdeal appointed Amit Choudhary as the senior vice president of corporate finance. Choudhary would be responsible for overall controllership in in finance, FP&A and taxation at the group level for implementing and integrating financial controls and policies.
– Last month, Snapdeal appointed Dharmendra Panwar as VP of internal controls and risk assurance. Panwar would be identifying risks and recommending solutions for improving Snapdeal’s current control environment after evaluating operational processes.
– In the same month, Snapdeal appointed Anand Chandrasekaran as its chief product officer. Chandrasekaran, who worked as the product chief at Bharti Airtel, stepped down from his post at the telecom operator before he joined Snapdeal.
– In May, Snapdeal appointed Gaurav Gupta as VP of engineering. The company was planning to double its technology team from 1,000 to 2,000 members by the end of this year. Gupta will head Snapdeal’s cloud platform and tech infrastructure.
– In April, Snapdeal appointed Jayant Sood as its chief customer experience officer. Sood would be responsible for customer service operations at the company.
– In the same month, the firm hired Idi Srinivas Murthy as its senior VP of marketing and Vivek Patankar as senior VP of Finance. Snapdeal also appointed Dharmarajan K as the head of customer experience.
– Snapdeal’s chief financial officer Aakash Moondhra quit the company. In February, Snapdeal CTO and Senior VP of Engineering Amitabh Misra resigned after about 3.5 years with the e-commerce marketplace.
– The ecommerce company also hired Yahoo India R&D Division and Amazon India executive Jeyandran Venugopal. Venugopal was expected to initially serve in an advisory role with Snapdeal’s technology leadership team.