wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Network18 posts a loss of Rs 1.15 cr on revenues of Rs 793.6 cr in Q1-FY16


RIL owned Network18 has reported a loss of Rs 1.15 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2015, as opposed to a net profit of Rs 10.58 crore last quarter, and a loss of Rs 1021.87 crore in the same quarter last year.

The company’s total operational revenue stood at Rs 79.36 crore for the quarter, down 90.5% from Rs 841.4 crore last quarter and Rs 70.83 crores in the same quarter last year.

For the financial year ended March 31, 2015 (FY15), Network18 reported operational revenue of Rs 793.64 crore, down 74.6% from Rs 3,126.6 crore in the last quarter, and Rs 708.39 crore from the same quarter last year.


Note that late last month, Network18 Media owned English news channel CNN-IBN lost its CNN prefix as it ended its 10 year brand licensing deal with Turner Broadcasting System. In a filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange, TV 18 said that the company and CNN “will be successfully concluding their ten-year brand licensing and news services arrangement for use of the CNN brand and CNN news content in January 2016″.

Note that Network18 stopped releasing financial information related to its digital content and commerce business, after the takeover by Reliance Industries. So, we’re not sure how its digital content business is performing. The company currently only reports segment-wise  financial information for its Media Operations and its Film Production and Distribution businesses.

Segment-wise performance

Network18’s media operations generated Rs 718.79 crore revenues, down 13.6% from Rs 832.6 crore in the previous quarter, Rs 694.07 crore in the same quarter last year. Media operations accounted for 85.3% of Network18’s total revenues, as opposed to 98.9% in the previous quarter. Film production and distribution business generated Rs 52.60 crore, as opposed to Rs 4.8 crore in the last quarter and Rs 14.31 crore in the same quarter last year.

Operational details

– Network18 claims to have had a monthly average reach of 20 million monthly unique visitors in Q1 FY16.

– IBNLive.com claimed 5 million monthly average unique visitors, with an average 52 million  monthly page views.

– Moneycontrol.com claimed an average 256 million page views and close to 6 minutes average time spent during the quarter. The site claims that it had 6 million unique visitors during Q1 FY16.

– Bookmyshow.com received an average of 70 million visits monthly in Q1 FY16, of which average page views grew to 1.6 billion per month for the quarter as compared to 0.8 billion in Q4 FY15. The company claims that its number of tickets sold grew almost 100% over the last quarter, however no number were revealed. In the Q4 2015, Bookmyshow had claimed that it generated the highest ticket sales and highest monthly revenues till date in December 2014, although no specific numbers were shared. It had reported revenues of Rs 84.02 crore in FY14, up 59.3% from Rs 52.8 crore revenues in FY13.

Downloads: Report

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like


E-commerce marketplace IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd. reported a 34.5% increase in traffic on a year-on-year (YoY) basis, growing to 253 million in the quarter ended...


HDFC Bank reported a net profit of ₹8,758.3 crore, for the October to December quarter of 2020, up by 18% from ₹7416.5 crore in...


The Delhi High Court on Monday refused to stop Amazon from pushing regulators to stop the sale of the Future Group’s businesses to Reliance...


HT Media’s digital revenue stood at ₹21.28 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2020, reflecting a 2.4% YoY increase and a 6.9% QoQ...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to Daily Newsletter

    © 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ