wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

India.com parent reported Rs 40.4 Cr Revenues, Rs 8.9 Cr Loss In FY15


India Webportal Private Limited, the parent company which operates websites such as India.comBGR IndiaCricket Country, among others, has reported revenues of Rs 40.4 crore for the financial year ended 31st March 2015, according to the the annual report filed by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL). This represents a 44.8% increase in revenue from Rs 27.9 crore reported in the last fiscal year.

India Webportal Private Limited also reported a net loss of Rs 8.9 crore. Note that the loss has increased with the increase in revenue, up from Rs 7 crore in FY 14, though it did much worse in FY13 with Rs 13.6 crore in loss that year.

India Webportal Private Ltd is a subsidiary of ZEEL, which owns 51% in the venture. The remaining 49% is owned by Penske Media Corporation (PMC). The joint venture between PMC and ZEEL had been inked in February 2010, while India Webportal had commenced operations in 2011. Apart from the generic horizontal portal India.com, it also runs a cars site OnCars.in, Cricket site Cricket Country, mobile gadget news site BGR India, education information site Prepsure.com (previously Indiancolleges.com), career counseling site Careerfundas.com, celebrity portal BollywoodLife.com.

The annual report however made no mention of Bollyvod.com, a joint venture between ZEEL subsidiary Asia Today and video service Voddler.

The company did mention that the share of results in Aplab Limited, Idea Web Shop and Media Private Limited and Asia Today Thailand Limited as Associate Company is loss of Rs 37 million in FY 2015 as against profit of Rs 2 million in FY 2014. India Webportal acquired 26% in Idea Web Shop and Media Private Limited, which owns and operates the website Bpbweekend.com (Brown Paper Bag), during the financial year ended 31st March 2014. Brown Paper Bag offers readers curated information on events, product launches, restaurants and things to do, and also has a loyalty card offering called The Coup Card.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Ditto TV

The Zee group also owns the video app Ditto TV, which powers on-demand video for the groups DTH business.Zee group said that Ditto TV has a 20 million+ users and nearly 50,000 hours of content. It did not mention the number of monthly active users.

Update: It was pointed out to us the Mail.com Media Corporation (MMC) was rebranded as Penske Media Corporation in 2012 and the post reflects the change. 

Update: This story initially incorrectly indicated that the loss that India Webportal had reported, due to a typographical error. The error is regretted. The story has been updated. 

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Written By

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.



A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'


India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...


There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data


Existing consumer protection regulations are not sufficient to cover the extent of protection that a crypto-investor would require.


The Delhi High Court should quash the government's order to block Tanul Thakur's website in light of the Shreya Singhal verdict by the Supreme...

You May Also Like


Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...


135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...


Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...


By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ