Media company HT Media has reported digital revenues of Rs 30.6 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2015, registering a 29% growth from Rs 23.7 crore in the same quarter last year. On a quarter-on-quarter basis the digital segment grew 7% from Rs 28.6 crore in the preceding quarter.
The losses in the segment however widened to Rs 21.18 crore compared to the loss of Rs 9.75 crore in the same quarter last year. The digital segment had reported losses of Rs 13.35 crore.
Shine.com and mobile growth
According to the company’s presentation, HT Media’s online job portal Shine.com has registered a year-on-year (y-o-y) revenue growth of around 9% in Q1 FY16 compared to Q1 FY15. Note, HT Media only discloses Shine’s revenue growth on a yearly basis for each quarter and has never disclosed Shine’s exact revenues.
HT Media’s mobile marketing venture HT Mobile has registered a 71% y-o-y revenue growth for the quarter compared to Q1 FY15.
It’s also worth noting that digital revenues accounted for just 4.97% % of HT Media’s total income that was at Rs 615.3 crore for the quarter. The company’s newspaper & periodicals printing business still contributes a majority of its revenues, accounting for 86.53% of HT Media’s total income for the quarter.
– Total revenue up 5% to Rs 615.3 crore from Rs 585.9 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Profit After Tax (PAT) declined 15.2% to Rs 35.7 crore from Rs 42.1 crore in Q1-FY15.
– Print Advertising revenue stood at Rs 443.02 crore, an increase of 5% from Rs 421.85 crore in Q1 FY15
– Print Circulation revenue: 6.3% increase in circulation revenue to Rs 72.9 crore from Rs 68.6 crore due to higher circulation well as higher net realization per copy.
– Radio Business: 2.3% increase in revenue to Rs.24.5 crore in Q1’FY16 from Rs. 24 crore in Q1 last year driven by advertising revenue growth.
– EBITDA decreased 16.2% to Rs 85 crore from Rs 101.4 crore in Q1-FY15 due to increase in advertising & sales promotion expenses, increase in general and admin costs and employee costs.
– Employee costs increased by 10.2% to Rs 137.9 crore from Rs 125.2 crore in Q1-FY15 due to new appointments, increments to existing employees.