DB Corp, the publisher of dailies such as Dainik Bhaskar, Divya Bhaskar, Saurashtra Samachar, Divya Marathi and DNA has posted a loss before tax of Rs 7.8 crore for its Internet business segment for the quarter ended June 30. Losses at in the segment continues to widen from the loss of Rs 7.35 crore in the preceding quarter and from Rs 1.03 crore in the same quarter last year.
However, the Internet segment’s revenues in Q1 FY16 increased 71.83% year-on-year to Rs 10.114 crore from Rs 5.89 crore in Q1 FY15. On a sequential basis, the Internet revenues increased 12.96% from Rs 8.95 crore.
The Internet segment however accounts for just 2.13 % of DB Corp’s operational income which was at Rs 473.36 crore for the quarter. The company’s print business still dominates its operational revenues, accounting for 92.99% DB Corp’s operational income for the quarter.
Digital business highlights
–DB Corp’s Digital portals have hit 565 million page views and 30 million unique visitors, in the month of June 2015, increased from 334 million PV and 13 million UV in June 2014.
– The consolidated number of app downloads for Dainik Bhaskar and Divya Bhaskar across Android and iOS have reached over 1.6 million.
– Total revenues decreased by 3.7% to Rs. 480.2 crore, from Rs. 498.7 crore in Q1 FY15
– Profit After Tax (PAT) decreased 16% y-o-y to Rs 66.45 crore from Rs 79.13 crore in Q1 FY15 on account of forex loss of Rs 0.98 crore and Bihar launch related preoperative expenses of Rs 2.35 crore
– EBITDA: 10.7% y-o-y decrease to Rs 128.7 crore from Rs 144.1 crore in Q1-FY15. EBIDTA margin of 26.8%
– Advertising Revenues declined by 8% to Rs. 342.3 crore as against Rs. 373 crore, due to base effect of election revenue in Q1 FY15 along with focus on high yieldgrowth
– Radio business ad revenue grew by 4% to Rs 21.5 crore from Rs 20.7 crore in Q1 of last fiscal, due to base effect of election revenue in the quarter. Radio business PAT stands at Rs 2.6 crore.
Download: Press release and financials