Snapdeal has appointed Anand Chandrasekaran as its chief product officer. Last month, Chandrasekaran, who worked as the product chief at Bharti Airtel, stepped down from his post at the telecom operator. Chandrasekaran confirmed this move and said he had plans to do something entrepreneurial in India. He was to officially leave his position on the 10th of June (today).
— Anand Chandrasekaran (@anandc) June 10, 2015
Bharti Airtel had appointed Chandrasekaran, who worked as Yahoo’s senior director for search, as its Chief Product Officer in April last year. Airtel created a new designation for Chandrasekaran, where he was responsible for improving the company’s data services and for the product strategy of Wynk Music, API products and Airtel Money etc. Chandrashekaran resigned after 13 months of service.
At Yahoo, he helped the company integrate Yelp into search results. Chandrasekaran initially joined Yahoo in 2011 as senior director for mobile products and worked on mobile search and Yahoo Answers. He then became the senior director for search in 2012 and focused on local listings, content partnerships and maps.
Prior to Yahoo, Chandrasekaran was venture advisor at Storm Ventures and Director of product management at Openwave. He had also co-founded Aeroprise Inc. a company that deployed mobility solution for IT Service Management.
Snapdeal’s recent appointments and exits:
– Last month, Snapdeal appointed Gaurav Gupta as VP of engineering. The company was planning to double its technology team from 1,000 to 2,000 members by the end of this year. Gupta will head Snapdeal’s cloud platform and tech infrastructure. Interestingly, Gupta’s LinkedIn profile states that he joined Snapdeal last month.
– In April, Snapdeal appointed Jayant Sood as its chief customer experience officer. Sood would be responsible for customer service operations at the company.
– In the same month, the firm hired Idi Srinivas Murthy as its senior VP of marketing and Vivek Patankar as senior VP of Finance. Snapdeal also appointed Dharmarajan K as the head of customer experience.
– Snapdeal’s chief financial officer Aakash Moondhra quit the company. In February, Snapdeal CTO and Senior VP of Engineering Amitabh Misra resigned after about 3-and-a-half years with the e-commerce marketplace.
– The ecommerce company also hired Yahoo India R&D Division and Amazon India executive Jeyandran Venugopal. Venugopal was expected to initially serve in an advisory role with Snapdeal’s technology leadership team.