MediaNama (www.medianama.com) is a leading online media company covering news and providing analysis on India’s digital (Internet and mobile) ecosystem. Digital is the biggest, most pervasive and most important sector in the world, and will touch all aspects of human life. We’re the publication charting its growth. We provide our readership of business leaders and digitally aware consumers with incisive inputs on industry developments, and take a pan-digital perspective. We cover what matters, and work with integrity and transparency. We are opinionated, without fear or favor.
We’re looking to hire two executives for sales and business development, one part time and one full time, preferably one each in Delhi and Bangalore. We expect to close these positions by end of June, latest by mid July.
- Develop strategic partnerships for long-term online ad sales and on-demand events with direct tech advertisers, with a focus on concept selling and creating solutions* for specific client problems.
- Develop partnerships with agencies for short-term online ad sales, and for expanding our advertiser base outside the tech ecosystem.
- Manage and renew existing relationships and facilitate upgrades. Post sales follow up is a must.
- Identify and facilitate creation of new inventory and packages for meeting client requirements.
- Client servicing and assisting with event execution.
- Develop systems for managing sales efficiently and effectively by creating regular need analysis and identifying trends and cycles.
- Ensure collections
1. What do you want to do? You need to know and be passionate about the digital (Internet and/or mobile) medium in India. You need to live and breathe digital, and be someone who is always connected. This domain should matter to you. You have to tell us what in digital matters to you and why.
2. How do you do things? You need to be have a strong process and systems orientation. You need to be obsessed with creating, fixing and following systems in order to get the deal and manage the deal. and with ambiguity. The ability to do client servicing, managing partners and relationships and ensuring delivery of client expectations is a must.
3. What do you know? You need to have expertise in online ad sales and account management, with existing relationships with advertisers and agencies, as well as experience in B2B solution selling (online and events), and B2C selling (online).
4. What kind of a person are you?
- You need to be obsessed with details, constantly observing market movements
- You need to be comfortable with ambiguity: ours is a fast paced business, you will have to learn to work with limited information at your disposal, and take decisions quickly.
- You need to be driven and capable of working independently. Get stuff done. We’re like that.
- Find my contact details and mail your CV and call me.
- Hiring process will involve an interview, a meeting (if you’re in Delhi) prior to confirmation. You’ll have to pitch yourself, MediaNama advertising, advertising renewals and events to us and explain how you work.
Note: Editorial considerations will never be a part of your pitch, and this has to be clearly specified to clients. Any indication to the contrary is grounds for immediate dismissal.