Bennett, Coleman and Co Limited (BCCL) -owned Times Internet has signed a deal with Perform Group‘s football portal Goal to bring worldwide content to India. Under the strategic deal, Times Internet will have exclusive rights to the Goal brand in India and will drive local commercialization of Goal across both desktop and mobile.
The publication added that Times Group will cross-promote the Goal brand, both across its wider sports vertical and offline publications.
It’s also worth noting that Network18’s IBNLive.com had launched a new Football-focused brand called FootballNext in January. FootballNext says that it will offer latest news, photos and videos from various football leagues like English Premier League, Indian Super League, La Liga, Serie A, and UEFA Champions League. It also offers league standings and match schedules for the respective leagues. One can also head over to any specific league through the navigation bar to browse through stories, matches, photos & videos from that specific league.
Times Internet’s global partnerships
– Gawker Media for the Indian editions of Gizmodo and Lifehacker which went live in May 2013.
– Business Insider for Business Insider India which went live in September 2013.
– Luxury blog Pursuitist for its Indian edition pursuitist.in which went live in December 2013 with a placeholder page and the company seems to be populating content on the site right now.
– UK-based media group Future Plc for the Indian edition of its technology news and reviews site TechRadar which is yet to go live.
– San Francisco-based digital publishing company Say Media for Indian editions of Say Media’s home design site Remodelista and tech news site ReadWrite which is also yet to go live.
– US publishing conglomerate Crain Communications for Indian edition of Ad Age India.
– In November 2014, Times Internet forayed into videos by a signing a strategic partnership with Electus Digital. As part of the partnership, Times Internet will be launching the Indian editions of comedy site CollegeHumor.com, geek culture site Dorkly.com and Hip-hop focused celebrity site WatchLOUD.com.
Disclosure: Times Internet is an advertiser with MediaNama