We’re getting set for our curated #NAMA open discussion on the Future of Connected Devices & the Internet of Things in India, at The Leela in Mumbai, at 4.30 pm on the 29th of May 2015, as a part of an event hosted in partnership with Akamai Technologies. This is a final call for you to apply to attend.
Please click here to apply
It’s a curated audience, and so far, we’ve got confirmations from executives from Airtel, Vodafone, Mahindra SSG, Boku, Winjit, Blume Ventures, BP, SAP, Ethinos, Rasilant, Blume Ventures, Inventrom, Tata Communications, Alif Mobitech, among others.
The discussion on the Future of Connected Devices and the Internet of Things will begin with a talk by Vijay Kolli, Head – Mobile Strategy and Market Development(Asia Pacific & Japan) for Akamai Technologies, covering:
- Security and Privacy with IoT
- IoT Standards
- How to successfully Monetize IoT
The open house discussion will broadly cover the following issues (and more):
1. Role of Government: Connected devices in Smart Cities, Machine to Machine & IoT policy, Policy for ensuring security and privacy of consumers
2. Low hanging fruits in IoT and Connected devices: Choosing between IoT for consumers versus governments versus businesses, device development.
3. Standards and Interoperability: Global standards and alliances, ensuring Interoperability of products, Enabling existing devices for IoT
4. Role of the Entrepreneurial ecosystem: Role of Venture Capital and crowdfunding, Consumer demand for connected devices in India
5. Role of telecom operators: Ensuring availability of bandwidth and seamless connectivity, Use of location information in IoT, Enabling the connected devices ecosystem with open APIs, enabling payments
6. Understanding consumer demand: quality consumer experience: plug ‘n play, and developing applications, ensuring security and privacy of consumers
The session will be followed by dinner and cocktails.
How to attend
Please click here to apply.
Note that this is an invitation only event, and is meant for those who are already working in this domain, or are planning to, as well as those looking to invest. We’re looking for an audience of around 70 people, specifically from those working on Connected Devices and IoT:
– IoT startup founders
– Device OEM representatives
– Telecom Operators
– Venture Capitalists
– Consumer Durable company representatives
– Technology infrastructure providers
Important: In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmed invite. Also, your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.
P.s.: to get a sense of the depth of the discussions at #NAMA events, do check our #NAMAindic coverage