The publisher of newspaper dailies Dainik Bhaskar, Divya Bhaskar, Saurashtra Samachar, Divya Marathi and DNA, DB Corp has posted a loss before tax of Rs 7.35 crore in its Internet business segment for the quarter ended March 31. Losses continued to widen at the company, and increased from Rs 2.66 crore from the preceding quarter and from Rs 1.46 crore in the same quarter last year.
The total Internet revenues were at Rs 8.95 crore for the quarter, more than double of the revenues posted by the segment last year which stood at Rs 4.03 crore. However, revenues were down 2.43% as compared to the preceding quarter from Rs 9.18 crore.
The Internet segment however accounts for just 1.84 % of DB Corp’s operational income which was at Rs 485.60 crore for the quarter. The company’s print business still dominates its operational revenues, accounting for 92.34% DB Corp’s operational income for the quarter.
Digital business highlights
– Upgraded DB mobile app and the total app downloads reported were over 9 lacs within 1 year of launch. Last quarter the company launched a new concept app. Through the master app, user can consume content across all of DB Corp’s sites in three languages (Hindi, English and Gujarati).
– Launched new websites – Fashi0n101.in, DBCric.com and Jeevanmantra.in. Fashion101.in is a multilingual fashion portal. Jeevanmantra.in is a lifestyle and wellness website. DBCric.com is a cricket website which features details of live matches.
– Total revenues up 7% year-on-year (YoY) to Rs 495.3 crore from Rs 462.2 crore in Q4.
– Profit After Tax (PAT) increased 5% YoY to Rs 64 crore from Rs 61 crore. This excludes a one time tax impact of Rs. 14.9 crore, due to demerger of digital media business, & after consideration of incremental depreciation of Rs 5.6 crore
– EBITDA: 15% increase YoY to Rs 129.2 crore from Rs 112.7 crore in Q4-FY14. EBITDA margin is at 26%.
– Advertising revenues: up 4% YoY to Rs 354.3 crore from Rs 340 crore.
– Print: PAT was at Rs 112.21 crore growing 17.50% y-o-y from Rs 95.5 crore in the same period last year.
– Radio Business: Advertising revenues have expanded by 25% to Rs. 268 million in Q4 of current period, against Rs. 215 million in Q4 of last ﬁscal. PAT was at Rs 6.6 crore and EBITDA was at Rs 12 crore.