wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Over half of Cleartrip’s traffic and 40% of all transactions now come from mobile

cleartrip

53% of Cleartrip’s overall traffic and 40% of all transactions on the platform came from mobile, the company said while sharing data on its Q4 2014 performance. Overall, the platform saw a 26% growth in quarter-on-quarter (QoQ) traffic, and a 31% growth in air+hotel transactions during the same time period.

Chrome dominated the list of browsers used to access the website, with 39.4% of the traffic coming from the browser. Android browser comes in second with 16.9% of traffic share, followed by Opera mini at 14% and Safari at 11.9%. Note that despite half of its traffic coming from mobile, Cleartrip made it clear that the company would continue operating its desktop and mobile websites.

Mobile traffic by brand: Samsung smartphones accounted for 31% of the mobile traffic coming to Cleartrip, followed by Apple with 18%, Micromax with 7%, Motorola with 6% and Sony with 4%. Google, HTC, Nokia, Xiaomi and Lenovo also made the list, together accounting for around 10% of the traffic.

firsttimemobile

New customer acquisition on mobile was high

Interestingly, Xiaomi tops Cleartip’s list of growth of traffic by mobile brand, which it mentions saw a 144.2% growth over last quarter, closely followed by Google at 133.3%. Other manufacturers to register a strong growth include Micromax at 76.9%, HTC at 55.5%, Lenovo at 36.9% and Motorola at 35.2%. On the other hand, Apple saw a meagre 14.6% growth and Samsung saw an even lower 11% growth. Nokia is out of the contention at this point, with just 1.8% growth.

Top devices: Although Cleartrip did not provide a breakdown of the traffic per phone, here are its top 5 ‘new’ devices – Galaxy Grand Prime, Xiaomi Redmi Note, One Plus One, Micromax Canvas series and HTC Desire series. The platform also lists the top mobiles on which low end transactions took place, which includes Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 and Galaxy S Duos 2, iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy Core and Samsung’s Galaxy Grand Duos.

OS versions: Of the iOS users visiting Cleartrip, 71% were on iOS 8, 26.2% were on iOS 7 and 2.8% were on iOS 6 and below. The stats for Android are not so rosy as only 5% of the users visiting Cleartrip sported Lollipop, the latest version of Android. 41.4% of the users come from KitKat based devices, 39.7% from JellyBean based devices while 4.6% of the users still come from Ice Cream Sandwich and 2.9% from Gingerbread based devices.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Impulse traveller: 26% of air travellers booking from desktop booked their tickets within 0-3 days of travel, while 28% of mobile users did so. Similarly, 25% of desktop users booked hotel tickets within 0-1 days of travel as compared to 39% of the mobile users.

Read also: Mobile web accounted for 20% of the hotel bookings at Cleartrip

Image source: Flickr user Baishampayan Ghose

Written By

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

The US and other countries' retreat from a laissez-faire approach to regulating markets presents India with a rare opportunity.

News

When news that Walmart would soon accept cryptocurrency turned out to be fake, it also became a teachable moment.

News

The DSCI's guidelines are patient-centric and act as a data privacy roadmap for healthcare service providers.

News

In this excerpt from the book, the authors focus on personal data and autocracies. One in particular – Russia.  Autocracies always prioritize information control...

News

By Jai Vipra, Senior Resident Fellow at Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy The use of new technology, including facial recognition technology (FRT) by police...

You May Also Like

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ