RIL owned Network18 has reported a net profit of Rs 10.58 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2015 (Q4-FY15), up from Rs 4.12 crore loss in the same quarter last year and from Rs 12.15 crore loss in the previous quarter.
The company’s total operational revenue increased to Rs 841.4 crore for the quarter, up 13.9% from Rs 728.2 crore in the same quarter last year and marginally up 1% from Rs 831.9 crore in the previous quarter.
For the financial year ended March 31, 2015 (FY15), Network18 reported operational revenue of Rs 3,126.6 crore, up 16% year-on-year (YoY) from Rs 2,692.4 crore in FY14.
Note that Network18, which had launched a new sports property called FootbalNext in the previous quarter, stopped releasing financial information related to its digital content and commerce business, after the takeover by Reliance Industries. So, we’re not sure how its digital content business is performing. The company currently only reports segment-wise financial information for its Media Operations and its Film Production and Distribution businesses.
Network18’s media operations generated Rs 832.6 crore revenues in Q4-FY15, up 15% from Rs 723.8 crore in the same quarter last year and up 2.8% from Rs 810 crore in the previous quarter. Media operations accounted for 98.9% of Network18’s total revenues.
Film production and distribution business generated Rs 4.8 crore, up from a loss of Rs 14.6 crore in the same quarter last year, but significantly down from Rs 11.99 crore revenue generated in the previous quarter.
– Network18 claims to have had a monthly average reach of approximately 25 million unique visitors through FY15.
– IBNLive.com, Firstpost.com and News18.com together got 10 million monthly unique users in Q4-FY15, which is significantly higher than the 5 million monthly unique users these news properties received for the first two months of the previous quarter.
– Moneycontrol.com got an average of over 7 million monthly unique visitors for the first two months of this quarter, almost the same as around 7 million in the previous quarter.
– Bookmyshow.com received around 5 million monthly unique visitors in this quarter, with about 45 million page views per month. It claims that sale of tickets increased 60% YoY. Remember that in the previous quarter, Bookmyshow had claimed that it generated the highest ticket sales and highest monthly revenues till date in December 2014, although no specific numbers were shared. It’s worth noting that Bookmyshow handles the ticketing and on-ground operations for 6 out of the 8 IPL teams. It had reported revenues of Rs 84.02 crore in FY14, up 59.3% from Rs 52.8 crore revenues in FY13.
– Homeshop18.com mentions it reached 54 million viewers on TV in FY15, citing TAM data between April 2014 and March 2015. It claims that its TV business grew by 13% YoY.
Download – Press Release & Financials
Also Read: AP Parigi is the new Network18 Group CEO