Information services provider Equifax India has acquired the remaining 49% equity stake in NettPositive, an analytics and business intelligence solutions company, reports IndianTelevision.com. Equifax had acquired 51% controlling stake in the company in 2012.
Bangalore-based NettPositive serves financial, insurance and retail businesses in India, Middle East and Africa, and Equifax plans to use NettPositive’s expertise to increase its own market reach. Equifax India provides credit information, business analytics and risk management solutions and claims to have signed up 125 financial institution customers to its credit bureau.
Other developments in the data analytics segment
– Bangalore-based data analytics company Marketelligent was acquired by US-based software developer and technology consultant Brillio for an undisclosed amount in October this year.
– Last month, Hong Kong and Kolkata-based analytics company iConnectiva was acquired by the mobile VAS company Altruist Technologies in an all cash deal.
– Hyderabad-based information technology company Cyient Limited had acquired a majority stake in data sciences firm Invati Insights Pvt Ltd in August, following which Invati was renamed to Cyient Insights.
– Mumbai-based big data analysis firm Peel-Works had secured a $2 million investment from IDG Ventures India and Inventus Capital Partners in July this year. The company had previously raised $1 million from Indian Angel Network back in 2011.
– Big data company Indix had raised $8.5 million from Avalon and Nexus in March this year, while Mumbai based big data analytics firm Germin8 had also secured $3M in funding from Kalaari Capital in the same month.