Dish T V Lanka (Private) Limited, the Sri Lankan subsidiary of the Direct to Home television services operator Dish TV has received a DTH license from the Government of Sri Lanka to launch operations in the country, Dish TV has informed BSE. Dish TV had earlier partnered with Sri Lanka-based Satnet to form a joint venture called Dish TV Lanka in April 2012. Dish TV owns 70% stake in the joint venture while Satnet owns the remaining 30% stake. The company had also received board approval to invest up to Rs 100 crore in the joint venture in February this year. Earlier this year, Dish TV had mentioned (pdf) that it had received DTH license from Telecom Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka and was awaiting a license from Sri Lanka's Media Ministry, following which the company will commercially launch its operations in the country. Dish TV had also launched test signals in Sri Lanka in May this year. In India, Dish TV currently has a net subscriber base of 12.1 million as of September 2014, adding 0.38 million net subscribers in the previous quarter. The company had also noted that HD subscriber additions accounted for 15% of the company’s incremental additions for the quarter. It reported an operating revenue of Rs 672.3 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2014, a 4.9% increase from Rs 640.7 crore in the previous quarter and up 11.9% from Rs 600.9 crore in the same quarter last year. The net loss was at Rs 15.1 crore for the quarter, an improvement from Rs 16 crore loss in the previous quarter and Rs 16 crore loss in the same quarter…
- What can we learn about crypto scams from WazirX’s latest transparency report? November 29, 2022
- Platforms No Longer Have to Remove “Harmful” Legal Content Under the UK’s Online Safety Bill November 29, 2022
- Tamil Nadu Ordinance Banning Online Gambling Expires In Absence of Governor’s Assent: Report November 29, 2022
- Elon Musk says Apple is threatening to remove Twitter from the App Store, and more November 29, 2022
- US Judge Allows $4.7 Billion Class Action Lawsuit Against Google By 21 Million Individuals November 29, 2022
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
The Structure and Style of a Dogma Community: Conspiracy theories and organized Twitter engagement on Sushant Singh Rajput
Studying the 'community' supporting the late Sushant Singh Rajput (SSR) shows how Twitter was gamed through organized engagement
Do we have an enabling system for the National Data Governance Framework Policy (NDGFP) aiming to create a repository of non-personal data?
A viewpoint on why the regulation of cryptocurrencies and crypto exchnages under 2019's E-Commerce Rules puts it in a 'grey area'
India's IT Rules mandate a GAC to address user 'grievances' , but is re-instatement of content removed by a platform a power it should...
Why ‘group privacy’ should be recognised, and how ‘non-personal’ data becomes a regulatory blindspot
There is a need for reconceptualizing personal, non-personal data and the concept of privacy itself for regulators to effectively protect data
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...