RIL owned Network18 has reported a net loss of Rs 36.47 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2014 (Q2-FY15), as against Rs 1,021.88 crore loss in the previous quarter and Rs 39.84 crore loss in Q2-FY14. It’s however worth noting that previous quarter loss includes a one-time exceptional item of Rs 1,045.3 crore while the Q2-FY14 loss includes an exceptional item of Rs 23.23 crore.
The total operational revenues for the company was at Rs 744.8 crore for the quarter, up 5.1% from Rs 708.4 crore in the previous quarter and up 11.2% from Rs 669.8 crore in the same quarter last year.
Network18 however notes that the consolidated results of the current quarter are not comparable to the corresponding quarter last year, since it includes results from Equator Trading Enterprises (and its subsidiaries Panorama Television & Prism TV) that became a wholly owned subsidiary of Network18 in January this year and Eenadu Television that became an associate company in the same month.
It’s worth noting that Network18 stopped releasing financial information related to its digital content and commerce business from the previous quarter. In the same quarter, Durga Raghunath, CEO of Network18 Digital (Web18) had also put in her papers. In August this year, Moneycontrol CEO Joyson Thomas and IBNLive & CricketNext head Arunava Sinha also quit the company.
– Network18 claims to have a monthly average reach of approximately 25 million unique visitors for the first two months of this quarter (source: comScore; Monthly average of July 2014 to August 2014; World).
– ibnlive.com, Firstpost.com and News18.com together got 9 million monthly unique users for the first two months of this quarter (source: comScore; Monthly average of July 2014 to August 2014; World).
– Moneycontrol.com got an average of around 8 million monthly unique visitors for the first two months of this quarter (source: comScore; Monthly average of July 2014 to August 2014; World).
– BookMyShow mentions that it generated the highest monthly revenues till date in September, although no specific numbers were shared. It had reported revenues of Rs 84.02 crore in FY14, up 59.3% from Rs 52.76 crore revenues in FY13.
– Homeshop18.com mentions that it touched a new milestone in August this year, by receiving over one million orders across TV, web and mobile platforms. The average monthly orders grew by 70% year-on-year, although no specific numbers were disclosed. It reported revenues of Rs 368.2 crore in FY14, a 63.4% increase from Rs 225.4 crore revenues in FY13.
Download – Press Release & Financials