The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators and has recently added Facebook and Reliance Jio as members), has reported an addition of4.85 million GSM connections in July 2014, closing in at 744.4 million connections, a 0.66% increase from 739.5 million connections in the previous month.
GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
– Vodafone added 1.36 million connections in July, taking its connection base to 171.26 million.
– Idea Cellular added 1.10 million connections in July, taking its connection base to 140.11 million.
– Among metro circles, Delhi added 442,426 GSM connections, with Mumbai adding 203,041 GSM connections.
Note that no information has been provided about the active users, which we’ll probably get once the telecom regulator TRAI releases data for the entire industry.
– May 2014: India Added Over 6.18 Million GSM Connections
– January 2014: India Added Over 8.58 Million GSM Connections
– August 2013: India Added Over 1.78 Million GSM Connections
– July 2013: India Added Over 1.49 Million GSM Connections
– May 2013: India Added Over 3.10 Million GSM Connections
– April 2013: India Added Over 3.50 Million GSM Connections
– March 2013: India Added Over 5.35 Million GSM Connections; Aircel Loses 0.8M
– January 2013: India Added Over 0.40 Million GSM Connections; Aircel Loses 1.77M