Barry B White has resigned as OnMobile Global director with effect from August 14, 2014, the company has informed BSE.
It notes that White has resigned since his other commitments made it difficult for him to attend Board and Committee meetings of OnMobile in India regularly.
White had joined the company board in October 2013 as an Independent Non-Executive Additional Director. Prior to this, he was serving as the US ambassador to the Kingdom of Norway for four years.
Before that, he was the Chairman and Managing Partner of Boston-based law firm Foley Hoag LLP for more than 13 years. He’s also apparently worked closely with President Barrack Obama during his presidential campaign in 2008.
Changes in OnMobile Management
White’s resignation comes at a time when OnMobile has witnessed quite a few changes in its management including key resignations:
– OnMobile Co-founder Mouli Raman had stepped down as the managing director and CEO in May this year. He had also resigned from OnMobile board a month later.
– OnMobile Systems Inc president and CEO Francois Charles Sirois had been appointed as an additional director on the board. Note that OnMobile Systems is currently the largest shareholder in OnMobile Global with 43.46% stake.
– Rentala Chandrashekhar, an Independent director on board at Onmobile, had resigned in April this year.
– David Fondots, VP and Head of North America operations, had quit the company in March this year. He was replaced by Jacks Sterenfeld last month.
– Sumit Sardana, Senior Director and Head Account Management for Europe had resigned from the company in February.
– MV Rajesh, VP, Media had also submitted his resignation.
– OnMobile reported a loss of Rs 12.1 crore in Q1-FY15 due to increased content costs in Europe.
– It wrote down Rs 68 crore from Telisma acquisition in May this year, since the market outlook for the core products in its target markets had apparently deteriorated.
– OnMobile had completed Voxmobili sale to Synchronoss for $26 million in July this year. It also settled an intellectual property violation case filed by Synchronoss, against Voxmobili, Onmobile Global and Onmobile USA LLC, as per which Synchronoss received $3 million from OnMobile.