So we’re getting set for #NAMA: the Digital Future of Indic Languages at The Oberoi (MG Road, Bangalore), being held at 4.30 pm on the 24th of July 2014. This is a final call for you to apply to attend the event. Please click here to apply. We will close registrations by tomorrow evening, 6.30 pm.
It’s a curated audience, and so far, we have confirmations from executives from companies like Malayalam Manorama, Robosoft, Reverie Technologies, OneIndia, Nuance, Deccan Herald, Newshunt, Paytm, Homeshop18, Qualcomm, Google India, CIS, Aurus Networks, Pratham Books, Wikimedia India, Amazon.com, Keypoint Technologies, Red Hat, Summit Information Systems, Facebook, Vijay Karnataka, among others.
Topics for discussion:
– Growth of consumption of content in Indic languages in India
– Impact of mobile on Indic languages consumption
– Challenges of discovery of Indic language content: role of social and search.
– Defining standards and the role of tools and translation
– Driving user generated Indic language content creation
– Video versus Text in Indic languages
– The role of government policy in supporting Indic language content
– The role of mobile devices and touch screens
– Beyond content: service delivery in Indic languages
Note that this is an invitation only event, and meant for those who are already working in this domain, or are planning to. We’re looking for an audience of around 100 people.
Please click here to apply.
This event is supported by Google India.
Note: In case you fit with our mandate for a curated audience, we’ll send you a confirmed invite. Also, your contact information will never be shared with anyone outside of MediaNama.