wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

TV Today’s TV broadcasting biz profit up 3x to Rs 103.7 Cr in FY14

TV Today Logo

Profit before tax of TV Today network’s TV broadcasting business witnessed more than 3x growth to Rs 103.74 crore for the year ended March 31, 2014 (FY14), from Rs 32.78 crore profit in the previous year.

The revenue for this segment also grew by 23.6% year-on-year (YoY) to Rs 374.07 crore for the year, from Rs 302.7 crore in FY13. TV Today currently operates three Hindi general news channels including Aaj Tak, Dilli Aaj Tak and Tez in Hindi and a English general news channel Headlines Today. The TV broadcasting business currently represents 96.1% of TV Today’s total revenues for the year.

The company’s FM radio broadcasting business also witnessed a significant growth in its revenues to Rs 15.37 crore for the year, up 54.2% from Rs 9.97 crore revenues in the previous year. The net loss improved to Rs 11.24 crore from Rs 13.24 crore loss in FY13. FM radio broadcasting business currently represents 3.9% of TV Today’s total revenues for the year.

The company currently operates Oye! FM radio station in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Jodhpur, Amritsar and Patiala.

Quarterly Revenues

On a quarterly basis, TV Today’s TV broadcasting business reported revenues of Rs 93.5 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2013, up 14.5% from Rs 81.63 crore in the same quarter last year. The profit before tax more than doubled to Rs 27.55 crore for the quarter, from Rs 11.69 crore in Q4-FY13.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

The FM Radio broadcasting business also saw an increase in its revenues to Rs 3.91 crore for the quarter, up from 2.64 crore in the same quarter last year. The loss before tax however increased to Rs 4 crore from Rs 2.73 crore in the same quarter last year.

Need To Know

– TV Today mentions that Mail Today is still in the initial stages of operations and is currently incurring losses, however the company is “confident of its future profitability”. TV Today Network had earlier invested Rs 45.5 crore in Mail Today to enter into print media segment. It currently owns 74% stake in Mail Today while the remaining 26% stake is owned by the British tabloid, The Daily Mail.

That being said, Mail Today still doesn’t have its own website, and mailtoday.in redirects to the e-paper. Although, Mail Today stories are integrated into India Today’s website.

– For the entire fiscal, TV Today reported a net profit of Rs 61.32 crore, a massive 402.2% increase from Rs 12.21 crore profit in the previous fiscal. The total revenues were at Rs 389.44 crore for the fiscal, a 24.6% growth from Rs 312.67 crore revenues in the previous year.

– For the quarter ending March 31, 2013, TV Today has reported a net profit of Rs 15.85 crore, up 149.2% from Rs 6.36 crore in the same quarter last year. This is on an income of Rs 97.41 crore for the quarter, up from Rs 84.27 crore income in the same quarter last year.

DownloadFinancials

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Also readWhat Indian Digital Media companies are doing for #Election2014

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali A little less than a year since their release, the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020 is being amended....

News

By Anand Venkatanarayanan                         There has been enough commentary about the Indian IT...

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali The Indian antitrust regulator, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has a little more than a decade...

News

By Stella Joseph, Prakhil Mishra, and Surabhi Prabhudesai The recent difference of opinions between the Government and Twitter brings to fore the increasing scrutiny...

News

This article is being posted here courtesy of The Wire, where it was originally published on June 17.  By Saksham Singh The St Petersburg paradox,...

You May Also Like

News

Info Edge (India) Limited, the parent company of subsidiaries such as Naukri.com and Jeevan Saathi, on Monday announced its results for the fourth quarter...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ