Dave McClure’s 500 Startups has inducted 29 startups to the ninth batch of its accelerator program. Through this program, the accelerator provides $100,000 seed funding, a company workplace, access to startup mentors and designers in residence. It also claims to provide platform-specific distribution strategies for customer acquisition. If 500 Startups participates as a fund, it provides seed investment of up to $250,000.
The shortlisted Indian startups in this batch include:
It had previously raised investment from the angel-backed startup accelerator VentureNursery and has customers like Wockhardt, Renault, ABB, Singapore Airlines, Resource Hunters, Rank Junction, Oncontract and Thumbtack among others. Founded by Sanjoe Jose, Subramanian K, Jobin Jose and Tom Jose.
– TargetingMantra: TargetingMantra offers a software-as-a-service (SaaS) based personalization and analytics solutions for various online businesses across e-commerce, news portals, job portals and others.
These include recommendation widgets and other widgets like similar catalog items, new product releases and frequently bought products among others. It claims to have customers like Yebhi, ShopClues, Yepme and Juvalia & You among others. Founded by Saurabh Nangia and Rahul Singh.
– Sourceasy: Sourceasy is a full stack apparel sourcing service which allows merchants to source their private label merchandise from various manufacturing centres across the world. It also manufactures custom apparel for brands, designers, corporates and startups. The company is currently in private beta. Founded by Pranay Srinivasan and Chirag Chamoli.
– 500 Startups Spring 2013 Batch: PriceBaba, Tushky, Credii, Seat 14 A & School Admissions
– 500 Startups Fall 2012 Batch: WalletKit, TradeBriefs, Instamojo & gazeMetrix
– SquareKey Raises Funds From 500 Startups & Others