Today’s the last day of work in 2013 for most of us at MediaNama, though some of us will be working next week. Thank you for reading us in 2013, and have a great Christmas and New Year.
It’s been a tough year for us, we really appreciate the support we received in 2013 from all our sponsors, especially Spice Digital and CC Avenues, that supported us for the entire year.
Our thanks go out to all our sponsors:
– Spice Digital Ltd: a part of Spice Global Group – US$2 Billion conglomerate promoted by Dr. BK Modi, is one of India’s leading Mobile Value Added Services company and offers innovative solutions for Telecom Operators, Enterprises and Government using mobile connectivity media – Voice, SMS, USSD, WAP & 3G. We are preferred partner of all major telecom service providers in India and providing services to international telecom players in over 20 countries across the globe. We are pioneers in innovation and technology and committed to deliver excellent Award winning products and services to the customers.
We have exclusive tie-ups with Hungama and PPL for music streaming services.
We have acquired two leading international VAS players, MMS (Indonesia) and Beoworld (Malaysia).
Recently, we had a major financial investment from MediaTek (Taiwan).
Our sponsors during 2013:
– Akamai: Akamai is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the Company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
– Antfarm is an innovation sandbox based out of Mumbai. It is led by a team of blue sky thinkers, entrepreneurs and professionals. The company takes great ideas with disruptive potential, puts together all the key ingredients of people, technology, strategy, marketing and capital to build these into scalable companies. The ultimate aim is to create global businesses that are ideated and built out of India. The first set of companies launched are Stylista.com, Arrive.com, Fork Media, and the farm is currently scaling up ideas in education, travel & leisure, retail, ad-tech and healthcare.
– Applied Mobile Labs AML is one of India’s largest mLearning company, that has built its proprietary mLearning technology platform and partnered with leading authorities to bring learning to the masses. Founded in 2009, AML today works with Governments, telecom operators and large enterprises alike to bring mLearning to the fore. AML’s platform is deployed at TataDOCOMO & Airtel currently and is going live with other operators soon. AML’s work in the mLearning space has been widely acclaimed and they have won many national and international accolades for their efforts in mLearning.
– CCAvenue is India’s largest payment gateway solution powering 85% of the eMerchants in India across all verticals & has played the role of a catalyst to the growth of ecommerce with real time, multi-currency, multiple payment options online payment processing services. The solution is powered by proprietary technology that integrates transaction-processing, advance shopping cart, Invoicing, mobile page, risk assessment and fraud control, smart analytical dashboards, live monitoring of bank gateways, financial reporting etc. CCAvenue is the only complete PG solution in the country that has the unique ability to offer the full spectrum of 100+ Internet payment options.
- 5 Credit Cards
- 50 Debit Cards
- 6 ATM cum Debit Cards
- 50+ Netbankings
- Mobile Payments
- 4 Cash Cards
- CCAvenue PhonePay IVRS Based Payment Systems.
– Gemalto is the world leader in digital security with annual revenues of €2 billion and more than 10,000 employees. We have 74 offices and 14 R&D centers, located in 43 countries.
We are at the heart of rapidly evolving digital society where billions of people worldwide want the freedom to travel, transact and work safely. Gemalto delivers on their needs for Government Programs, Telecommunication and Secure Transactions by developing secure embedded software and secure products. Our platforms and services manage these products, the confidential data they contain and the trusted end-user services to enhance the convenience and security of people’s digital lives.
– Getit Infomedia is India’s digital supermarket for SMEs to get relevant business leads. We seamlessly deliver excellent value across all media platforms be it Voice, Mobile Applications, Online, WAP, Web chat, Print etc. The services provide presence, enquiries and leads to its advertisers while ensuring end users (consumers) have access to the best information, benefits and offers.
– Flipkart.com, India’s largest e-commerce brand for physical goods, started with books in 2007, and entered the consumer electronics category with the launch of mobile phones, in September 2010. Since then, it has grown rapidly with the introduction of innovative features like Cash on Delivery (CoD), 30 day replacement guarantee and its own delivery network. Today, the portfolio is spread across 15 categories – from books to music, mobiles, computers, cameras, home & kitchen appliances, TV & home theatre systems, personal and healthcare products, and the newly launched stationery items and perfumes. In addition to these, Flipkart has also made a foray into the emerging digital content market with the recent launch of Flyte, the digital music store.
Flipkart is rapidly expanding its network of warehouses, distribution centers, procurement operations and 24/7 customer support teams. The company has a dedicated partner for last-mile deliveries in 50 cities. With a team of around 5000 members, the company operates from offices and warehouses in seven Indian cities.
– Nazara Technologies: Nazara is a leading mobile games developer and publisher focused on the large mobile consumer base in India and emerging markets including the Middle East and Africa. In addition to developing a range of branded and original mobile games, Nazara operates unique services such as “Games Club” and also serves as an exclusive distributor for key game developers such as Electronic Arts. Its customers include mobile carriers as well as handset manufacturers. Nazara also owns “Playcaso” – an iOs and Android developer/publisher brand, “nzLabs” – a work-for-hire apps studio & “gCity” – a social gaming platform.
– One97 Communications Limited: is the leading mobile Internet Company from India. Driven by great consumer experience, it offers digital goods & services to mobile consumers under Paytm brand.One97 also provides mobile advertising and mobile payments for merchants.
One97 is backed by marquee investors SAIF Partners, Intel Capital, SAP Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank and has offices in India,Middle East and Africa. To find more about One97 visit www.One97.com
– PayU India is the flagship company of Naspers group which is a $25 Billion internet and media conglomerate listed on London and Johannesburg stock exchanges respectively. Owing to its innovation leveraging technology, patent pending algorithms, robust salesforce and amazing customer service, PayU achieved the feat of having the highest merchant acquisition rate in the country. PayU’s success story is seconded by the fact that is now the No.1 payment aggregator in the Indian e-commerce category and No.3 player in the overall payments Industry. PayU serves more than 4000 merchants as on date which includes names like Jabong, Ferns n Petals, Goibibo, Tradus, Rechargeitnow, Travelyaari, Zomato and Groupon India. On an interesting note, PayU has processed more transactions than IRCTC does daily!
– Saavn – No work, all play!: Saavn provides the best Bollywood and Indian music listening experience, online and on the go. Its site and top-rated iOS and Android apps give people legal access to the largest indian music library anywhere. Saavn has partnerships with all the major music companies to give users access to millions of songs, albums, and playlists, including the best of Bollywood, bhangra, bhajans, ghazals, and more, with new releases added every day. With Saavn, people never need to transfer music again and playlists are always in sync, whether online or on the go. Saavn has also partnered with global leaders like Google, Facebook, Airtel and several other groups. With no piracy and no malware, Saavn makes listening as easy as ek, do, teen.
Shopify was founded in 2006 by Tobias Lütke, Daniel Weinand and Scott Lake. Today, Shopify powers tens of thousands of online retailers including General Electric, Amnesty International, CrossFit, Tesla Motors, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Foo Fighters, GitHub, and more. Our platform allows users to easily and quickly create their own online store without all the technical work involved in developing their own website, or the huge expense of having someone else build it. Shopify lets merchants manage all aspects of their shops: uploading products, changing the design, accepting credit card orders, and viewing their incoming orders and completed transactions. We built Shopify to take the hassle out of running an online store, so our merchants can focus on what they do best: building and selling their products. For more information log on to: http://www.shopify.in/
– Sony Liv:
Sony LIV is Multi Screen Media (MSM)’s premium video-on-demand service. Sony LIV platform comprises of 18 years of rich and exclusive content from Sony’s stable, covering genres including drama, comedy, thriller, reality shows and many more. Viewers can watch their favorite current shows and archive shows from Sony LIV, anytime and from anywhere. Sony LIV, the premier Video on Demand brand is available online as well as across all mobile platforms including Google Android, Java, Windows Phone 8, Apple IOS, Windows 8 PCs and tablets.
– Times Internet Limited (TIL) is the internet and mobile venture of India’s largest media house—the Times Group. TIL websites are among the fastest growing web-based networks worldwide. TIL has led the internet revolution in India and has emerged as India’s foremost web entity, running diverse portals and niche websites.
Indiatimes.com is TIL’s flagship brand. The internet portal encompasses news, business news, lifestyle, music, video, local, e-commerce, deals, online advertisement solutions, communities, mobile, MVAS, digital investments, and more. TIL is undoubtedly India’s preferred online and mobile value-added services destination for millions of surfers and subscribers looking for rich and diverse digital content. TIL, the multi-faceted portal, commands more than one billion page views per month. The other key properties in the TIL portfolio includeTimesofindia.com – world no.1 news site in terms of page views, and economictimes.com – India’s no.1 business news website.
In the mobile space, Indiatimes 58888 is the largest direct-to-consumer SMS and IVR shortcode, accessed by over 50mn consumers across all telecom operators in India.
– Yahoo is focused on making the world’s daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the world. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses.
Yahoo is the one of the leading destination on the Internet in more than 10 key areas, including News, Sports, Finance, Entertainment, Photos and Mail. Over 800 million unique users come to the Yahoo network each month.
Yahoo is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions.
In India, Yahoo has presence across Bangalore, Mumbai and Gurgaon.
Hosting and Support
– E2E Networks: India’s most clued in dedicated hosting company founded by geeks. E2E Networks Private Limited has been into the business of providing Low latency Dedicated Servers and VPS Servers in India since 2009. E2E Networks goes way beyond merely provisioning servers/cloud infrastructure. Our expertise includes strategies and managed services help for implementing the most suitable cloud architecture based on public, private or hybrid cloud platforms for your web facing or enterprise applications.