wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

India.com Parent Co Reported Rs 15.4 Cr Revenues, Rs 13.6 Cr Loss In FY13

india_com

We should have spotted this earlier: India Webportal Private Ltd, which owns and operates websites like India.com, BGR India, Cricket Country, among others, has reported revenues of Rs 15.4 crore for the financial year ended 31st March 2013 (FY13), according to the annual report filed by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL). India Webportal Private Ltd is a subsidiary of ZEEL, which owns 51% in the venture. The remaining 49% is owned by Mail.com Media Corporation (MMC).

Revenues for India Webportal grew year on year by almost 7 times, from Rs 2.3 crore for the financial year ended 31st March 2012 (FY12). Losses declined 33.33% to Rs 13.6 crore in FY13, as compared with Rs 20.4 crore in FY12. In the annual report, ZEEL states that it invested an additional Rs 9.2 crore in India Webportal “to obtain business benefits, partially offset by provision for diminution in value of investment of associate aggregating to” Rs 2 crore. Details of its revenues and losses were not available in the FY11 annual report.

Arvindra Kanwal, the CEO of India Webportal, had left the company earlier this year. Harini Calamur has been heading digital content strategies for the Zee Group, since June 2013, across web properties.

The joint venture between MMC and ZEEL had been inked in February 2010, while India Webportal had commenced operations in 2011. Apart from the generic horizontal portal India.com, it also runs a cars site OnCars.in, Cricket site Cricket Country, mobile gadget news site BGR India, education information site Indiancolleges.com, career counseling site Careerfundas.com, celebrity portal BollywoodLife.com, and an opinion site Voice of India. India.com also has verticals like mobile price comparison site Gadgets.India.com, video, Health and Travel, apart from hosting websites for two Zee group channels – ZeeNews.com and ZeeBiz.com.

The Zee group also owns the video app Ditto.tv, which powers on-demand video for the groups DTH business.

Downloads:
ZEEL Annual report 2013
ZEEL Annual Report 2012
ZEEL Annual Report 2011

Related:
Dish TV Partners DittoTV To Launch Android & iOS Streaming App
India.com CEO Arvindra Kanwal Quits
India.com Pulls Plug On Vertical Indic Language Properties; To Aggregate From Zee News
India.com Begins Rolling Out Properties: CricketCountry, OnCars.in, Tamil.India.com, IndianColleges

You May Also Like

News

We had missed this earlier The Board of Directors at Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) has approved the acquisition of 100% stake in 9X Media...

News

Zee is merging its digital media and entertainment business undertakings of Zee Digital Convergence Ltd, including the Ditto TV and Ozee businesses, vesting it...

News

Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd, which operates entertainment channels such as Zee TV and Zee Cinema reported consolidated revenue of Rs 1540.3 crore for the...

News

The Zee group has set up Ez-Mall Online Limited as a wholly owned subsidiary of its media company Zee Media Corporation. Ez Mall Online...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ