MediaNama is a leading online media company covering news and providing analysis on India’s digital (Internet and mobile) ecosystem. We provide our readership with incisive inputs on industry developments, and take a pan-digital perspective. We have a close knit editorial team of three, and are looking for two dedicated and incisive journalists to be a part of our growing publication over a long term.
This is a full time position. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in reportage on digital advertising and marketing.
Who can apply
We have three key criteria that over-ride everything else:
– You need to know and be passionate about the digital (Internet and/or mobile) industry in India. You need to live and breathe digital, and be someone who is constantly connected. You need to convince us that this domain matters to you.
– You need to have excellent command of the English language – both written and spoken English. If you’re a journalist whose copy needs editing, then we’re not interested.
– You need to be obsessive about details, and have a strong sense of skepticism and logic.
We will eventually give you the freedom to report on what you want to report on, and with that freedom, comes the responsibility of getting it right on your own. You need to be comfortable with ambiguity: this is a fast paced business, you will have to learn to work with limited information at your disposal, and take decisions quickly.
You need to have an eye for news, and a desire to get the news first. Being active on social networks, especially Twitter, is a must.
Some business news reporting experience is preferred. Preference would be given to candidates with online work experience, or at least having blogged for a few years. You need to have basic working knowledge of HTML, and familiarity with WordPress.
Candidates with over 4 years of experience need not apply.
– Track & report current events & news in Internet and Mobile domain
– Analyse information and present in a concise manner
– Talk to hundreds of people in the digital domain. Go get stories.
– Track international developments in Internet and Mobile domains
– You would need to be on top of the market environment & general happenings and identify opportunities and leads in the domains to provide competitive advantage to MediaNama.
– You must also be open to taking on additional responsibility during events and conferences.
– One position is for someone based out of Delhi.
– One position is for someone based out of anywhere in India, as long as you have an always-on Internet connection, and don’t mind working from home.
How To Apply
Send us a single email at email@example.com with “Journalist Opening” as the subject, and the following information:
– Which segments you want to focus on
– Links to your best posts/stories
– Your CV