Professional networking site LinkedIn has reported a total 238.1 million registered members for the quarter ending June 30, 2013, up 37% from 175 million registered members in Q2 2012 and up from 218.3 million registered members in the previous quarter.
The company informs that it witnessed strong member growth during the quarter due to its optimization initiatives and claimed that its membership growth rate increased for the first time since Q3 2011. However, LinkedIn hasn’t disclosed the number of active users on the platform and also hasn’t provided any region-wise breakdown of its 238.1 million user base. LinkedIn claimed to have crossed 20 million registered users in India in May 2013.
– LinkedIn reported 143 million unique visitors for the quarter, up 34.9% from 106 million uniques in Q2 2012, according to comScore metrics. The company also generated 11.7 billion pageviews for the quarter, up 25.8% from 9.3 billion pageviews in Q2 2012. Along with Slideshare, LinkedIn has reported 189 million unique visitors and 12.3 billion pageviews for the quarter.
– Revamped its iOS and Android apps. The company claims that the engagement on its mobile homepage has increased by 40% and they have witnessed growth in terms of social actions, article views and mobile profile edits when compared to the previous version.
– Launched a new version of its Recruiter platform for Talent Solutions customers. It also launched CheckIn which allows student members to engage with recruiters at on-campus hiring events.
– Added new influencers like Bill Gates, Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Jamie Dimon, and Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts to its Influencer program.
– Introduced new homepage features ‘Who’s Viewed Your Updates’ and ‘You Recently Visited’. Who’s Viewed Your Updates allows users to view what they have shared over the past 14 days, who has seen these updates and how have they responded to it (liked or shared) while You Recently Visited allows users to access the profiles they recently viewed, searches they’ve done and the group discussions they have viewed or participated in.
– Introduced a new navigation bar on the homepage. Added the ability to share rich media (pictures, videos and documents) with their connections and the ability to directly mention their 1st degree connections and companies in updates.
– Inked a tie-up with Apple to directly integrate LinkedIn in OS X Mavericks, the upcoming and the latest version of OS X.
– Introduced an optional 2-step verification feature for all LinkedIn accounts.
– Redesigned its social news section LinkedIn today and introduced new feature called LinkedIn Channels, which allows LinkedIn users to follow topic areas to browse through curated content across multiple industries and professional sectors.
LinkedIn reported total revenue of $363.7 million for the quarter, up 59% from $228.2 million revenues in Q2 2012. The company has posted a net income of $3.7 million, up from $2.8 million net income in Q2 2012.
– Revenue Across Geographies: Asia Pacific (APAC) region reported $27.8 million revenue for the quarter, up 76% from $15.9 million revenue in Q2 2012. APAC Region currently accounts for 8% of LinkedIn’s total revenues. United States continues to be the top contributor for LinkedIn revenues, reporting $224.3 million revenue for the quarter, which represents 62% of LinkedIn’s total revenues for the quarter.
– Talent Solutions: The revenue from talent solutions (previously called Hiring Solutions) was at $205.1 million for the quarter, a 69% increase year-on-year (YoY). Talent solutions accounted for 56% of the company’s total revenues in the quarter, an increase from 53% in Q2 2012.
– Marketing Solutions: The revenue from Marketing Solutions was at $85.6 million for the quarter, a 36% increase YoY. Marketing solutions accounted for 24% of the company’s total revenues in the quarter, down from 28% in Q2 2012.
– Premium Subscriptions: The revenue from Premium Subscriptions was at $73 million for the quarter, a 68% increase YoY. Premium subscriptions accounted for 20% of the company’s total revenues in the quarter, up from 19% in Q2 2012.
– Field sales v/s Direct Sales: Revenues from the field sales channel stood at $209.2 million for the quarter, accounting for 58% of the company’s total revenue for the quarter while the revenues from the online direct sales channel stood at $154.4 million, accounting for 42% of the company’s total revenues during the quarter.
– Corporate Solution Customers: LinkedIn reported 20,256 corporate solution customers for the quarter, up 65% from 12,283 customers in Q2 2012.
– Headcount: LinkedIn ended the quarter with 4,241 employees, up 48% from 2,861 employees in Q2 2012.