Specialty media company CyberMedia has reported an operational income of Rs 15.6 crore for the quarter ending in June 30, 2013, a 17.46% decline from Rs 18.9 crore revenues in the same quarter last year. The company posted a net profit of Rs 0.76 crore in Q1 FY14, as compared to Rs 0.43 crore profit in Q1 FY13.
Note that these consolidated results include the results of the company’s wholly owned subsidiaries, Cyber Media Research (previously known as IDC India), Cyber Media Services, Cyber Media Singapore, CyberMedia India and Cyber Astro and its associate companies Cyber Media Foundation, Cyber Media Careers and Any Time Media.
The media business reported a a loss before tax of Rs 9.46 lakh for the quarter, from Rs 18.40 lakh profit in the same quarter last year. The total revenues declined to Rs 7.34 crore for the quarter, down 36% from Rs 11.5 crore in Q1-FY13.
CyberMedia owns 16 publications related to technology, outsourcing and entrepreneurship and 14 corresponding online properties like PCQuest, DQIndia, Voice&Data, CIOL, DQChannels, DQWeek,BioSpectrum India, BioSpectrum Asia, GlobalServices, Dare, and CyberAstro. It has also partnered with MIT for Tech Review India.
Media Services Business:
The media services business saw a profit before tax of Rs 1.2 crore for the quarter, an improvement from Rs 0.86 crore in the same quarter last year. The total revenues was at Rs 8.65 crore for the quarter, up from Rs 7.67 crore in the same quarter last year.
CyberMedia Media Services business currently houses its IT & telecom research firm Cybermedia Research and Content Matrix which offers custom media solutions through various units like TDA Group,CyberMedia Services and Publication Services.
– Total Expenses went down to Rs 14.53 crore from Rs 18 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Cost of materials went down to Rs 0.25 crore from Rs 0.35 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Purchase of traded goods reduced to Rs 0.12 crore from Rs 15.4 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Employee cost decreased to Rs 5.22 crore from Rs 5.59 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Other expenses reduced to Rs 7.56 crore from Rs 9.2 crore in the same quarter last year.
Download – Financials