Facebook has reported 1.15 billion total monthly active users (MAUs) for the quarter ending June 30, 2013, up 21% year-on year (YoY). The average Daily Active Users (DAUs) was at 699 million for the quarter, up 27% increase YoY. Note that these numbers doesn’t include Instagram users.
The mobile MAUs were at 819 million for the quarter, a 51% increase from 543 million mobile MAUs YoY. The mobile DAUs was at an average 469 million for the quarter, up from 293 million in Q2 2012.
Asia accounted for 339 million MAUs for the quarter, up from 255 million MAUs in Q2 2012 and accounted for 181 million DAUs for the quarter, up from 129 million DAUs in Q2 2012.
Mobile-only MAUs: Around 219 million MAUs accessed Facebook solely through mobile apps or their mobile website for the quarter, up from 102 million MAUs in Q2 2012. The remaining 600 million MAUs accessed Facebook from both personal computers and mobile devices, up from 441 million MAUs in Q2 2012. The company has not provided any region-wise breakdown for its mobile-only MAUs.
– Facebook crossed 1 million active advertisers on the platform, driven by significant growth in local businesses.
– Last month, it introduced video on Instagram and claims to have clocked 5 million video uploads in the first 24 hours.
– Last week, Facebook for Every Phone crossed 100 million monthly active users.
– Facebook expanded Graph Search Beta to everyone who uses Facebook in US English.
– Over 100,000 apps were built on Parse, a Cloud based platform which provides cross platform services and tools for developers to build apps across mobile platforms and devices. Facebook had acquired Parse in April 2013.
Facebook has reported total revenue of $1.81 billion for the quarter, up 53% from $1.18 billion in Q2 2012. The company posted a net profit of $333 million for the quarter, an improvement from $157 million loss in Q2 2012.
Region-wise: Facebook generated $247 million revenues from Asia during the quarter, up from $135 million revenues in Q2 2012.
The company still generates the highest revenue from United States and Canada region, which contributed $848 million revenues for the quarter, up from $590 million in Q2 2012. Besides this, Facebook generated $505 million revenues from Europe and $213 million from the rest of the world during the quarter.
ARPU: The Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) for Asia was at $0.68 for the quarter, up from $0.47 in Q2 2012.
In comparison, Facebook’s ARPU for United States was at $3.67 for the quarter, up from $2.59 in Q2 2012 while the ARPU for Europe stood at $1.67, up from $1.21 in Q2 2012 and ARPU for the rest of the world was at $0.60, up from $0.40 in Q2 2012. Globally, the ARPU stood at $1.41 for the quarter, up from $1.07 in Q2 2012.
Advertising: Facebook reported an advertising revenues of $1.60 billion for the quarter, up 61.3% from $992 million revenues in Q2 2012. Advertising revenue accounted for 88%% of Facebook revenues. Mobile advertising accounted for 41% of Facebook’s total advertising revenues for the quarter, up from 35% in the previous quarter.
Asia accounted for $225 million advertising revenue for the quarter while US & Canada continues to generate the highest advertising revenue for Facebook, registering $721 million revenues for the quarter.
Payment Revenues: Facebook generated $214 million revenue from its payments products and other fees for the quarter, up from $192 million in the same quarter last year. Asia accounted for $22 million payment revenues for the quarter, while US & Canada generated the highest payment revenues, registering $127 million revenues for the quarter.
– Facebook Isn’t A Powerful Distribution Or User Acquisition Platform Anymore – Pravin Jadhav
– How Will Facebook’s Change In Policy Towards Sexual Assault Humour Affect India?
– Facebook & Google Directed To Submit Safety Measures For Minors In India
– Indian Army Launches Facebook Page