wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

, , ,

After Saregama, Tips Industries Wants To License Its Physical Business

After Saregama licensed its physical business to the home entertainment, it appears that Tips Industries is also about to do the same, indicating that digital distribution is the way to go. In a report by Business Standard, Tips Industries MD Kumar Taurani said that Tips is looking to hand over the physical production rights to someone and that it become unwieldy to service retailers and dispatch SKUs. Times Music had earlier distributed some of Tips' releases. Tips has a catalog of more than 25,000 tracks and also sells music on its website - Tips.in. Tips also has a significant presence on video streaming site YouTube.com with 1,880 videos and has tie ups with telcos for song download and CRBT. In July 2013, Saregama India, one of India’s largest music labels, had inked a worldwide licensing agreement with the Home Entertainment Services division of Sony DADC (Sony Digital Audio Disc Corporation) for its physical business: Sony DADC will receive exclusive worldwide rights to the entire Saregama audio/video content library including its sales, marketing and distribution across physical formats like CDs and DVDs among others. Following this, Saregama had stated that it will now focus on digital music sales as the company's physical music sales had been declining. For Saregama, digital format accounted for 70% of the company’s revenues while physical sales accounted for the remaining 30%. Note that Saregama had invested significantly in the digital segment and currently offers music through various digital channels like CRBT, WAP, web and devices. That said, there are various ways music labels can monetize digitally these days. With…

Please subscribe/login to read the full story.
Written By

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

India's smartphone operating system BharOS has received much buzz in the media lately, but does it really merit this attention?

News

After using the Mapples app as his default navigation app for a week, Sarvesh draws a comparison between Google Maps and Mapples

News

In the case of the ‘deemed consent' provision in the draft data protection law, brevity comes at the cost of clarity and user protection

News

The regulatory ambivalence around an instrument so essential to facilitate data exchange – the CM framework – is disconcerting for several reasons.

News

The provisions around grievance redressal in the Data Protection Bill "stands to be dangerously sparse and nugatory on various counts."

You May Also Like

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ