Eros International Media, the Indian subsidiary of Eros International Plc, has reported total revenue of Rs 1,074.4 crore for the year ending March 31, 2013 (FY13), registering a 11.5% increase from Rs 963.2 crore revenues in the previous fiscal (FY12). The profit after tax was at Rs 154.5 crore for the fiscal, up 4.5% from Rs 147.8 crore profits in FY12.
On a quarterly basis, Eros International reported a decline in its revenue to Rs 213.9 crore for the quarter ending March 31, 2013 (Q4-FY13), down 2.6% from Rs 219.7 crore revenues in the same quarter last year. The company was however more profitable – posting a Rs 31.83 crore profit for the quarter, up 7.1% from Rs 29.73 crore profit in the same quarter last year.
– Eros claimed that its YouTube channel Eros Now has crossed a cumulative 1.1 billion video views across 8,500 videos until now. It also claimed that the channel had generated significant advertising revenue and the music monetization has been quite strong with a combination of licensing and self-distribution deals. However, the company didn’t disclose any specific information on the same.
– In June 2012, Eros International launched an online music channel ‘Eros Now Music’ on YouTube, which aims to offer original music content from popular and upcoming artists.
– Eros International’s online paid movie streaming service Eros Now went live in August 2012, however the company didn’t disclose any specific information on its performance until now.
– In December 2012, Eros partnered HBO Asia to launch two new premium ad-free movie channels, HBO DEFINED and HBO HITS in India. The channels went live in February 2013 on Dish TV and Airtel Digital TV and the company plans to roll it out to other DTH and digital cable platforms over the next few months.
– In February 2013, Eros inked a strategic alliance with Endemol India to co-produce three feature films and original content for television. The alliance has set aside Rs 100 crore to fund these three films.
– Eros also inked a strategic alliance with Sony Entertainment in Feb 2013 to jointly produce and distribute a Bollywood film ‘Bajate Raho’ which is expected to be released in FY2014.
India vs Rest Of The World: Last week, Eros International Plc, the holding company of the Eros Group informed that India accounted for $135.3 million revenues of the company’s total revenues for the year ended March 31, 2013, down 1.2% from $136.9 million revenues in the previous year. India accounted for 62.83% of Eros International Plc’s revenues for the year.
Europe generated $35.1 million revenues for the year while North America generated $12.7 million revenues for the year and the rest of the world generated $32.2 million revenues for the year. Overall, the company generated $215.3 million revenues for the year ended March 31, 2013.
– Eros released 77 films across Hindi, Tamil and other regional languages during the fiscal. Of this, Hindi accounted for 30 films while Tamil and others accounted for the remaining 47 films. The company claimed that two of its Hindi movies were among the top ten box office grossing Hindi films for the fiscal.
– During the quarter, Eros released 17 films of which four were Hindi films while the remaining 13 were Tamil and other regional language films.
– Satellite Deals: In July 2012, Eros inked a satellite licensing deal with Viacom18’s entertainment channel COLORS for a mixture of new and forthcoming film titles and films from Eros’s content library. It has also inked licensing deals with Zee TV and Star TV.
– Eros Partners Digital Payments Firm Tappp To Launch Eros Now Prepaid Cards
– Eros Worldwide To Offload 2.8% Stake in Eros International
– The Lowdown – Eros IPO; Total Revenue At $146.6M In FY11, Digital Ops, Rights