wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

TV Today Revenues At Rs 312.7 Cr For FY13; TV Broadcasting Biz vs FM Radio Biz

TV Today Logo

The revenues from its TV broadcasting business for TV Today Network increased marginally year on year (YoY) to Rs 302.7 crore for the year ending March 31, 2013 (FY13), up from Rs 300.34 crore in the previous fiscal. However the profit before tax dipped to Rs 32.8 crore for the fiscal, down from Rs 34.22 crore profit in the previous fiscal. The network currently operates three Hindi general news channels including Aaj Tak, Dilli Aaj Tak and Tez in Hindi and a English general news channel Headlines Today.

TV Today’s FM radio broadcasting business reported a significant growth in its revenues year on year, posting Rs 9.97 crore revenues for FY13, up from Rs 8.09 crore in FY12. The net loss before tax also improved to Rs 13.24 crore loss for FY13, as compared to Rs 18.59 crore loss in FY12. TV Today Network currently operates Oye! FM radio station in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Jodhpur, Amritsar and Patiala.

Quarterly Revenues

For the quarter ending March 31, 2013, TV Today’s TV broadcasting business reported revenues of Rs 81.63 crore, down from Rs 85.75 crore revenues in the same quarter last year. The profit before tax was at Rs 11.69 crore, down from Rs 15.95 crore in Q4-FY12.

On the other hand, the FM Radio broadcasting business saw revenues of Rs 2.64 crore for the quarter, down from Rs 2.71 crore in the same quarter last year. The loss before tax was at Rs 2.73 crore for the quarter, a significant improvement from Rs 4.45 crore loss in Q4-FY12.

Highlights

– TV Today Network has invested Rs 45.5 crore in Mail Today to enter into print media segment. The company noted that Mail Today is currently in the initial stages of operations and is incurring losses but it is confident of the company’s future profitability. TV Today Network owns 74% stake in Mail Today while the remaining 26% stake is owned by the British tabloid, The Daily Mail. Mail Today still doesn’t have its own website, and mailtoday.in redirects to the e-paper. However, Mail Today stories are integrated into the India Today group properties, hosted at Intoday.in.

– For the entire fiscal, TV Today reported a net profit of Rs 12.21 crore, up 16.1% from Rs 10.52 crore profit in the previous fiscal. The total revenues were at Rs 312.66 crore for the fiscal, a minor 1.37% growth from Rs 308.43 crore revenues in the previous fiscal.

– For the quarter ending March 31, 2013, TV Today has reported a net profit of Rs 6.36 crore, down from Rs 7.33 crore in the same quarter last year. This is on an income of Rs 84.27 crore for the quarter, down from Rs 88.45 crore income in the same quarter last year.

DownloadFinancials

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

News

The Delhi High Court on Monday refused to stop Amazon from pushing regulators to stop the sale of the Future Group’s businesses to Reliance...

News

Pine Labs has raised around $100 million in fresh funds from Lone Pine Capital, a hedge fund based in the United States, at a...

News

Restaurant aggregator and food delivery company Zomato has raised US$660 million (over ₹4,850 crore), taking its valuation to ₹3.9 billion. CEO Deepinder Goyal tweeted...

Uncategorized

Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari said on December 17 that GPS-based tolling will replace toll plazas in two years, The Hindu...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to Daily Newsletter

    © 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ