Saregama India has reported a consolidated net profit of Rs 8.11 crore for the year ended March 31, 2013, a massive 637.2% growth from Rs 1.1 crore profit in the previous fiscal. The total consolidated revenue was at Rs 185.99 crore for the fiscal, up 15.6% from Rs 160.8 crore revenues in the previous fiscal.
For the quarter ending March 31, 2013, Saregama posted a net profit of Rs 2.32 crore, a significant improvement from Rs 7.42 crore loss in the same quarter last year. The total revenue were at Rs 47.95 crore for the quarter, up from Rs 41.81 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Music Revenues: The revenue from the Music segment was at Rs 34.91 crore for the quarter, up from Rs 34.62 crore in the same quarter last year. The profit before tax was at Rs 19.6 crore for the quarter, up from Rs 16.36 crore in the same quarter last year.
For the entire fiscal, revenues from the Music segment was at Rs 139.8 crore, up from Rs 128.72 crore in the previous fiscal. The profit before tax was at Rs 48.42 crore, down from Rs 51.59 crore profit in the previous fiscal.
– Flims and TV serials revenues: The revenue from Films and Television serials almost doubled to Rs 13.04 crore for the quarter, from Rs 7.19 crore in Q4-FY12. The loss before tax however increased to Rs 1.79 crore for the quarter, up from 0.73 loss in the same quarter last year.
For the entire fiscal, the revenues from the Films and Television serials was at Rs 42.99 crore, a significant 56.5% growth from Rs 27.47 crore in the previous fiscal. The loss before tax was at Rs 11.49 crore for the fiscal, an improvement from Rs 14.80 crore loss in the previous fiscal.
– Saregama has appointed Preeti Goenka and Bhaskar Raychaudhuri as an additional director of the company with immediate effect. Raychaudhuri has also been inducted as an independent Director of the company. The company had also seen a few management changes over the last few weeks. It had appointed Keshaw Sinha as its Chief Technology Officer (CTO) earlier this month. Madhusudhan Ranganathan, Saregama India VP – Digital, has put in his papers in March 2013. Former Web18 CEO Surya Mantha had also joined Saregama as its Managing Director in November 2012.
– Timbre Media had launched its services on Vodafone network under the moniker Vodafone WorldSpace Radio in March 2012 and offered 10 music channels dedicated to different genres of Indian music including the Bollywood channel Farishta, Ghazal channel Falak, Bengali channel Sonar, Gujarati channel Umang, Marathi channel Surabhi, Punjabi channel Tunak, Kannada channel Sparsha, Tamil channel Thenisai, Telugu channel Spandana and the Malayalam channel Madhuri.
– It had also extended the service to Airtel DTH platform in October 2012. Airtel DTH offered 12 channels including devotional and kids channels through its iMusicSpace service for Rs 35 per month. Among the channels offered include Magikbox – Kids, Shraddha – Devotional, Farishta- Retro Hindi, Falak- Ghazals, Sonar- Bengali, Umang- Gujarati, Surabhi- Marathi, Tunak- Punjabi, Thenisai- Tamil, Madhuri- Malayalam, Sparsha- Kannada and Spandana- Telugu.