Professional networking site, LinkedIn, has reported a total 218.3 million registered members for the quarter ending March 31, 2013, up 36% from 160.6 million registered members in Q1-2012.
The company informs that it witnessed strong member growth during the quarter due to its optimization initiatives and is currently adding more than two new members per second, however it hasn’t disclosed the number of active users on the platform. It also hasn’t provided any region-wise breakdown of its 218.3 million user base.
– LinkedIn reported 131.8 million unique visitors for the quarter, up 29% from 102.5 million uniques in Q1-2012, according to comScore metrics. The company also generated 11.1 billion pageviews for the quarter, up 18% from 9.4 billion pageviews in Q1-2012. Along with Slideshare, LinkedIn has reported 170.4 million unique visitors and 11.6 billion pageviews for the quarter.
– Introduced a new version of search, bringing in features like autocomplete, suggested searches, and improved advanced search among others.
– Acquired the news reading app Pulse for an undisclosed amount.
– Introduced a new contact management system, LinkedIn Contacts, on the web and iOS devices. The company says that LinkedIn Contacts brings together the user’s address books, emails, and calendars at a single place and keeps them up-to-date.
– Released a major update to its iOS and Android app, bringing in a new user interface, richer activity stream, sponsored content and expanded language offerings with the addition of Dutch and Norwegian languages for iPhone, and Turkish, Dutch and Norwegian languages for Android.
– Added the ability for members to feature rich, visual content on their user profiles.
– Launched a redesigned version of its Talent Solutions product platform, Recruiter.
– Added new influencers like Mayor Bloomberg, Meg Whitman, Jack Welch, Jeff Immelt, and Martha Stewart to improve its content offerings.
LinkedIn reported total revenue of $324.7 million for the quarter, up 72% from $188.5 million revenues in Q1-2012. The company has posted a net income of $22.6 million, a significant growth from $5 million net income in Q1-2012.
– Revenue Across Geographies: Asia Pacific (APAC) region reported $24 million revenue for the quarter, up 88% from $12.8 million revenue in Q1-2012. APAC Region currently accounts for 7% of LinkedIn’s total revenues. United States continues to be the top contributor for LinkedIn revenues, reporting $201.4 million revenue for the quarter, up 67% from $120.8 million revenue in Q1-2012.
– Talent Solutions: The revenue from talent solutions (previously called Hiring Solutions) stood at $184.3 million for the quarter, a 80% increase from $102.6 million revenues in the same quarter last year. Hiring solutions accounted for 57% of the company’s total revenues in the quarter, an increase from 54% in Q1-2012.
– Marketing Solutions: The revenue from Marketing Solutions stood at $74.8 million for the quarter, a 56% increase from $48 million revenues in the same quarter last year. Marketing solutions accounted for 23% of the company’s total revenues in the quarter, down from 27% in Q1-2012.
– Premium Subscriptions: The revenue from Premium Subscriptions stood at $65.6 million for the quarter, a 73% increase from $37.9 million revenues in the same quarter last year. Premium subscriptions accounted for 20% of the company’s total revenues in the quarter, as compared to 20% in Q1 2012.
– Field sales v/s Direct Sales: Revenues from the field sales channel stood at $184 million for the quarter, accounting for 57% of the company’s total revenue in Q1 2013 while the revenues from the online direct sales channel stood at $140.7 million, accounting for 43% of the company’s total revenue in Q1 2013.
– Corporate Solution Customers: LinkedIn reported 18,138 corporate solution customers for the quarter, up 72% from 10,531 customers in Q1 2012.
– Headcount: LinkedIn ended the quarter with 3,779 employees, up 54% from 2,447 employees in Q1 2012.
– Future Outlook: LinkedIn expects to register a revenue in the range of $342 million to $347 million in Q2 2013. For the full year 2013, the company expects to generate revenue in the range to $1.43 billion to $1.46 billion.