wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

GaneshaSpeaks in 2012: 2.46 Million Calls; 53.46% Male; Career & Business Highest Growth

gslogoOnline astrology service GaneshaSpeaks.com has claimed that 53.46% of the total calls to its astrology line 55181 in the last quarter of 2012 were from male callers, while the remaining 46.54% of the total calls were from female callers.

The company also claims that the number of calls increased by 15% year-on-year (YoY) to 2.46 million calls (2,464,784) in 2012, from 2.08 million calls (2,085,442 calls) in 2011, while the number of minutes increased by 18% to 4.38 million minutes (4,385,707) in 2012, from 3.58 million minutes (3,586,024) in 2011.

Age-wise: Age-wise, the company says that 17% of the calls were received from people under the age of 20, while 32% of the callers were from age group of 21-30 years, 29% of the callers were from age group of 31-40 years and 22% of the callers were above the age of 40.

Segment Wise: According to the company, career and business related queries registered the highest growth in the number of queries for the past year. While career related queries increased to 0.38 million calls (381,636) and 0.67 million minutes (672,379), from 0.35 million calls (354,525 calls) and 0.54 million minutes (537,903), the business related queries stood at 0.48 million calls (479,443) and 0.84 million minutes (844,867) in 2012, up from 0.35 million calls (354,525 calls) and 0.68 million minutes (681,344).

Astrology data

Personal related queries recorded the highest number of queries, registering 0.49 million calls (487,993) and 0.87 million minutes (867,818) in 2012, up from 0.42 million calls (417,088) and 0.72 million minutes (717,205) in 2011.

Marriage related queries stood to 0.42 million calls (421,885) and 0.74 million minutes in 2012, up from 0.35 million calls (354,525 calls) and 0.61 million minutes (609, 624) in 2011, while the love related queries increased to 0.24 million calls (239,826) and 0.42 million minutes (419,565) in 2012, up from 0.21 million calls (208,544) and 0.36 million minutes (358,602) in 2011.

Previous Developments

In September 2010, GaneshaSpeaks had launched an online radio station called Astrology.fm. The radio station offered 24 hour astrology related programming which included shows like Daily Darpan, Divine Darshan, Astro Advice, Sacred Numbers, Wellness, Health and Healing and Cosmic Call, among others.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Besides this, GaneshaSpeaks had partnered with Indian Express in August 2009 to provide astrology related information on Express India. It had also previously partnered with AOL in August 2009, to offer Astrology content on AOL.in.

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali A little less than a year since their release, the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020 is being amended....

News

By Anand Venkatanarayanan                         There has been enough commentary about the Indian IT...

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali The Indian antitrust regulator, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has a little more than a decade...

News

By Stella Joseph, Prakhil Mishra, and Surabhi Prabhudesai The recent difference of opinions between the Government and Twitter brings to fore the increasing scrutiny...

News

This article is being posted here courtesy of The Wire, where it was originally published on June 17.  By Saksham Singh The St Petersburg paradox,...

You May Also Like

News

Bharti Airtel, India’s 2nd largest telecom operator, reported that it had 188.6 million Mobile Internet connections as of the quarter ended March, 31 2021....

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ