The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation which operates the Metro service in Delhi, has floated a tender to develop an official smartphone application, which will provide fare and station information to metro travelers in Delhi.
Fees: As per the tender (pdf), bidders can purchase tender documents for Rs 1,050 and submit their tenders with a security deposit of Rs 7,303 before 3pm on March 25, 2013. The project is expected to be completed within three months from the date the contract was awarded and the approximate cost of the project will be Rs 3,65,170.
The tender also mentioned that companies should submit only one order as a lead partner or lead constituent in a joint venture.
– The bidder should have one year experience in development, supply and commissioning of smartphone apps.
– They should have a minimum average annual turnover of Rs 11.68 lakh (Rs 11,68,544) for the last three audited years.
– They should have completed development, supply and commissioning of one similar project costing not less than Rs 2,92,136 or two similar projects each costing not less than Rs 2,19,102 or three similar projects each costing not less than Rs 1,46,068, as on February 28, 2013.
Activities That Bidder Will Be Responsible For
– The bidder will be responsible for developing a smartphone application which works offline without Internet or GPRS.
– The bidder should complete the project within three months from the date the contract is awarded, with a defect liability period of one year from the date the project was commissioned or completed its full delivery. The defect liability period is a specific time period during which the company must rectify all defects pointed out by the contractor (i.e. DMRC)
– The bidder should provide 10% of the contract value as bank guarantee for performance security to DMRC, within 10 days of receiving the contract.
– A penalty of 0.5% of the contract value will be levied every week, in case of project non completion or poor quality of work. The bidder should also ensure that it is compliant with the rules and regulations of Delhi Labour Law.
As per the bid, the app should have the following features:
1. Nearest Metro Station – Search based on GPS or user defined landmark.
2. Fare Information – Provides total fare information from one station to another station along with approximate travel time, total distance and number of stations in between.
3. First & Last Train time – Information on the first and the last train from a selected metro station to another metro station.
4. Parking Information – Should provide complete information on the parking capacity and parking availability.
5. Travel Time – Should provide travel time information between the originating station and the destination station.
6. Route Info – The app should allow users to search for a route from their current location or any specific location to a destination station of their preference. It should have a station alert feature which alerts users before the destination station or in case of a train change. It should also offer route list, route map and fare information between the source and the destination station and offer information on the nearest station from the current metro station.
7. Metro Map – It should feature the entire Metro route map within the app and allow users to zoom in or zoom out or pan left,right,top, and bottom on the map. It should also display the user’s current location on the map and provide route information in form of metro stations.
8. Station Info – The app should offer the first and the last train timings from a specific station along with feeder service availability, station phone number, nearby places and facilities available on the station.
9. Landmarks Near Metro Stations – The app should offer complete information about tourist places and places of interest present at a specific metro station.
10. Lost & Found – Address and contact details of the lost and found division of DMRC.
11. Feeder Services – Details of feeder buses available at metro stations along with their routes and DTC buses which are in route of metro stations.
12. Metro Museum – Provide information on Metro Museum including directions, timing, holidays and souvenir available along with pricing among others.
13. Helpline – Provide the DMRC helpline number and the security helpline number in case of emergencies.
14. Other Info – Offer tips and general instructions to users, which includes information on the various types of Metro tickets and how to use them, prohibited items in metro trains and upcoming metro stations in Phase III.