Media company HT Media has posted digital revenues of Rs 13.79 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2012, registering a 18% increase from Rs 11.67 crore revenues in the same quarter last year.
It has reported loss before tax of Rs 8.86 crore for the quarter, a 5.1% decline from Rs 9.34 crore loss before tax in the same quarter last year.
According to the company presentation, HT Media’s job portal business Shine.com has registered 30% revenue growth year-on-year and has reported 5.2 million engaged candidates for the quarter, up from 2.6 million in the same quarter last year. During the quarter, Shine.com partnered with social recruitment platform MyParichay to provide an integrated offering of a traditional job portal and social hiring tools to recruiters.
HT Media’s subsidiary Ivy Talent also inked a share subscription agreement with the social recruitment platform MyParichay to acquire up to 40% stake in MyParichay over the next 2-3 years. As per the agreement, Ivy Talent had invested Rs 5.5 crore in MyParichay during the quarter.
During the quarter, HTCampus.com launched two new portals MyCollegeBoard.com and StudyAbroad.com and claims to have registered a 30% revenue growth from Q3-FY12, however the company hasn’t disclosed the exact revenue generated.
HT Mobile, its mobile marketing joint venture with Velti has registered a 40% growth in revenues from Q3-FY12. Although there is no word on the exact revenue generated.
During the quarter, HT Digital acquired 35% stake in HT Mobile, its mobile marketing joint venture with Velti. While the financial details of this transaction were not disclosed, the company noted that it was a nominal price. Following this, HT Mobile has become a wholly owned subsidiary of HT Digital effective November 21, 2012.
HT Education acquired 33% stake in HT Learning from MT Education Services for Rs 3.3 crore, following which HT Learning became a wholly owned subsidiary of HT Education effective November 15, 2012.
During the quarter, HT Media made five investments in its subsidiaries. These include:
– Rs 0.14 crore investment in HT Global Education through subscription of 1.4 lakh equity shares.
– Rs 11.2 crore investment in Ivy Talent India through subscription of 112 lakh equity shares.
– Rs 5.4 crore investment in HT Education, which includes Rs 5.3 crore investment through subscription of 53 lakh equity shares and Rs 0.1 crore through Inter Corporate Deposit.
– Rs 8 crore investment in its Internet subsidiary Firefly through Inter Corporate Deposit.
– Rs 1.1 crore investment in HT Digital through compulsorily convertible debentures. Further, 19.6 lakh compulsorily convertible debentures held by the company was converted into 196 lakh equity shares of HT Digital.
Other Significant Details
– Readership of Hindustan Times stood at 3.79 million while the readership of Hindustan stood at 12.24 million. In January, Hindustan Times had launched an augmented reality app ARPlus, allowing readers to access rich media content on print versions.
– Mint readership was at 0.23 million with 28% readership share in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chennai and Ahmedabad put together. HT Media noted that 93% of the readers are exclusive to Mint, which are not reached by its competitors.
– Total revenue up 5% to Rs 570.9 crore from Rs 542.9 crore in the same quarter last year.
– Profit After Tax (PAT) increased by 11% to Rs 53.61 crore from Rs 48.2 crore in Q3-FY12.
– Print Advertising revenue: 2% increase to Rs 414.9 crore from Rs 407.3 crore in Q3-FY12. The company attributed this increase to higher volumes.
– Print Circulation revenue: 12% increase to Rs 56.5 crore from Rs 50.3 crore in Q3-FY12. The company attributed this increase to higher circulation and and realization per copy
– Radio Revenues: 26% increase to Rs 21.8 crore from Rs 17.4 crore in Q3-FY12.
– EBITDA: 15% increase to Rs 111.3 crore from Rs 96.7 crore in Q3-FY12.
– Raw materials costs declined by 1% to Rs 184.7 crore from Rs 186.1 crore in Q3-FY12, due to lower consumption.
– Employee costs increased by 5% to Rs 98 crore from Rs 93.6 crore in Q3-FY12.
– HT Media Q2-FY13: Rs 13.31 Crore Digital Revenues; Up 35.7% YoY
– HT Media Q1-FY13: Rs 12.06 Cr Digital Revenues; Up 41% YoY
– HT Media FY12: Rs 43.61 Crore Digital Revenues; On Shine.com, Velti Mobile JV