Speaking at a session at Exchange4Media’s Pitch Analytics in Action conference, Sandeep Goyal, Co-Founder and Vice Chairman of Mogae Group claimed that Airtel Live has 25 million monthly users and registers
350 billion page views 350 million page views every month. Note that Airtel Live is served as the homepage on feature phones that use operator defined internet configuration profiles, so we’re not sure if all these users voluntarily engage with the portal.
He also shared some interesting nuggets on the user base of various Airtel services. These include:
– 187 million total mobile subscribers
– 181 million prepaid subscribers
– 28 million Hello Tunes subscribers
– 25 million users per month on Airtel Live
billion million page views registered on Airtel Live every month.
– 4 million Music on Demand subscribers
– 1 million Airtel 3G Dongle Subscribers.
– 250,000 Airtel Rural Radio Subscribers.
– 7.5 million impressions registered on Airtel Rural Radio every month.
Note that Goyal’s presentation stated that Airtel has 187 million mobile subscribers, which was reported by Airtel in its Q1-FY13 results, indicating that these numbers might be a little old.
Goyal also shared some user metrics registered by Bharti Airtel. These include:
– 1 Billion calls made every day.
– 900 million End Of Call Notifications sent per day.
– 432 million SMSs sent per day.
– 90 million 121 SMSs sent per month.
– 390 million recharge cards issued every month.
– 430 million m-recharges every month.
– 2.5 million E-commerce transactions registered every month.
– 200,000 Airtel subscribers are currently using mobile commerce offerings.
– 5 million Airtel 3G users consume around 500 MB of data.
Airtel – Mogae Tieup: It’s worth noting that Airtel had previously outsourced its advertising inventory management to Mogae Media in January 2012, allowing the company to sell advertising space on mobile, DTH and broadband services, as well as manage special offers, discounts and freebies for its mobile commerce business.
A few months later, Airtel had also launched a mobile advertising platform enabling advertisers to manage their campaigns, share reporting and analytics in May 2012. This platform offered ad slots in the company’s mobile internet (WAP), “messaging services” and Airtel digital TV, and it claimed that the platform offered “massive reach in a high impact burst which could be delivered in just a few hours using touch points such as end of call notifications, recharge notifications & Digital TV guides.”. While it was not officially announced by Airtel but it’s likely that Mogae Media will be managing inventory on Airtel’s platform.
Corrigendum: We had incorrectly mentioned that Airtel Live has 350 billion pageviews. Our apologies for the error. We have updated the article with the correct figure.
– Airtel Mobitude 2012: 75M Wallpaper Downloads, MobileTV Viewership Jumps By 65%
– Airtel Q2FY13: Data Revenue Up 77% YoY, 40.60M Data Subscribers, Data ARPU At Rs 43
– No Takers For 4G: Airtel Reports 3,180 TD-LTE Subscribers