The growth rate of DTH subscriber base in India is slowing down with just about 16% increase in last three quarters. As of June 2012, 48.1 million DTH subscribers are registered with private service providers. Major DTH service providers include Dish TV, Airtel, Reliance, Tata Sky,Videocon and Sun Direct TV.
– For Q1 FY13, Airtel reported 7.4 million Airtel DTH subscribers.
– For Q1 FY13, Dish TV reported 13.4 million subscribers.
– For Q1 FY13, RCOM’s Reliance Digital TV reported 4.4 million subscribers.
– Dish TV maintained the top position among DTH providers. Reliance digital TV was among the ones with the least subscriber base with just 4.4 million subscribers, while Tata Sky is said to have 9.2 million subscribers, Airtel digital TV with 7.4 million subscribers, Videocon d2h with 6.1 million subscribers, and Sun Direct TV with 7.6 million subscribers.
– It should be noted that Sun Direct had crossed 7 million subscribers back in 2011 and has added only 6 lakh subscribers by June 2012.
– Reliance Digital TV has added the least number of subscribers since last three quarters, followed by Tata Sky and Airtel DTH.
– Surprisingly, Videocon d2h has added more than 2 million subscribers in last one year, while other operators (excluding Dish TV) have struggled to cross a million.
Data Source: Bestmediainfo