Qualcomm Ventures, the venture capital arm of Qualcomm Incorporated has announced that Deck App Technologies will receive $100,000 of convertible note funding, as the regional winner of the India Edition of Qualcomm Ventures QPrize competition for 2012, and has an opportunity of winning an additional $150,000 convertible note funding in the QPrize Global grand finals competition, that take place in San Francisco (USA) in Q1 2013.
Deck App Technologies claims to enable users to create and display compelling presentations on any device. The company currently offers paid mobile apps for iOS and Android and tablets apps for iPad and Android tablets. While the mobile apps are priced at $0.99 (iOS) and Rs 52.50 (Android) respectively, the tablet apps are priced at $2.99 (iPad) and Rs 211.50 (Android Tablets) respectively. Features offered by these apps include animated charts, slide transitions, and an in-built presentation theme library among others.
In addition to Deck App Technologies, Qualcomm Ventures also announced that Uberlabs will receive a grant of $25,000 from Microsoft, as the runner-up of the competition. Uberlabs is currently developing a service called gazeMetrix which intends to help marketers track and measure brand presence in Internet Videos, TV streams, and public photos uploaded on social networks like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, as indicated by the company website’s landing page. The service is currently in a limited trial mode and plans to launch shortly. The company’s AngelList listing suggests that marketers will be able to compare their visibility with their competitors, generate analytics, identify influencers in their user base and run targeted campaigns.
Other Finalists for the QPrize include:
– Amplyfy.me: Amplyfy.me offers an Android app which intends to improve the existing TV watching experience by offering various social features like Check-ins, Activity wall with social TV notifications, channel guides, ability to have a real time discussion with their friends on a specific show, trending shows and channels among others. The app is currently available as a free download on the Google Play Store.
– Fingertips Education: The company doesn’t seem to have a web presence at the time of writing this article, but Qualcomm states that it is a tablet-based learning company.
– Gamooz: Gamooz is a software startup which develops augmented reality-based applications and products. The products currently offered include a cloud based augmented reality platform for comic publishers, newspaper publishers, magazine publishers, toys manufacturers and event organizers. The company claims to have done projects for Ford India and Saudi Telecom among others.
– Medisurge Technologies: Medisurge Technologies is an electronic and mobile health organization which offers health related solutions. The company currently operates a healthcare portal called TopDoctorsOnline.com, which had recently tied up with Vodafone India to offer a health-focused mobile web service called ‘Ask a Doctor – Health@5’ to Vodafone India subscribers.
– MoveInSync Technology: MoveInSync offers a employee transport management solution called Employee Transportation Solution which offers features like Routing, Employee Cab Usage Records, Tracking, Automated Billing, and Reporting among others. The company claims to have Fortune 500 companies in the IT, BPO and Airlines sector as its clients. Besides that, it also offers a Courier and Delivery Solution for express courier and delivery companies.
– Native5 Software Solutions: Native5 is developing a cloud platform called Native5 Prism, which allows apps developers to build, manage and distribute apps across desktops, mobile phones, tablets and smart TVs. The service is currently in private beta.
– Harness Handitouch Pvt Ltd: Harness Handitouch is an educational technology company which is currently building a learning operating system called ‘Touch-on-Cloud’ and intends to offer a combination of hardware and software solution to educational institutions. According to the company website, it is promoted by alumni of various educational institutions like the IIT, ISB, IIM, McKinsey, Ernst & Young, KPMG and Reliance.