wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Opera SMA Oct 2012: Indonesia, India Lead Asia In Mobile Ad Impressions

Opera Software, the browser company, which brings out its State of the Mobile Advertising report, has reported that for Q3 2012 India and Indonesia lead Asia in mobile ads impression. North America (United States & Canada) continued to generate majority of ad requests (70%), while India stood at number 5 in top countries by impressions, replacing Japan from top 5 countries from last quarter.

Other Highlights

  • iOS continues to deliver the highest eCPM
    This quarter, iOS delivered $1.64 eCPM with iPad and iPhone garnering $4.42 and $1.48 eCPMs respectively. Android slipped down in the rankings with $0.88, well below RIM at $1.06.
  •  Sports on the upswing
    Sports became the no. 1 category for mobile ad revenue, and mobile sites and apps in the Music, Video & Media category also grew this quarter, with both capturing 30% of overall revenue, making them the highest earners. However, Business, Finance & Investing properties also generated more revenue per impression than any other category.
  • Apps vs. Web
     Apps generated 73% of revenue within the Opera ad platform. The remaining 27% comes from the mobile web. Traffic measurement showed 8 in 10 visits on the Opera ad platform came from mobile apps, compared to 2 in 10 via the mobile web.

Opera publishes these reports based on the Opera advertising platform, which is based on Opera’s subsidiaries AdMarvel, Mobile Theory and 4th Screen Advertising. The company claims that it serves more than 10,000 mobile sites and apps, with 40+ billion ad impressions per month and is on-track to deliver more than $400 million in revenue to mobile publishers in 2012.

Other Developments

Recently, Opera announced promotional options for developers who submit their app to the Opera mobile store including:- Opera Mobile Store sponsored product listingsSponsored product listings on the homepage as well as major content categories. Last year, Opera launched its mobile store that offers free as well as paid applications on most devices and platforms, including Android, Java, Symbian, BlackBerry and iOS. It launched the Mobile store with help from mobile app marketplace Appia, which provided the storefront e-commerce technology.

In June, Airtel and Opera Software signed a global deal to offer a customized Opera Mini mobile web browser to its subscribers across India, South Asia and Africa. Opera had earlier inked a similar deal with Idea, Tata Indicom and MTS in India, and Vodafone in India, South Africa, Turkey, Tanzania and Egypt, to push its browser.

You May Also Like

News

The Delhi High Court on Monday refused to stop Amazon from pushing regulators to stop the sale of the Future Group’s businesses to Reliance...

News

Pine Labs has raised around $100 million in fresh funds from Lone Pine Capital, a hedge fund based in the United States, at a...

News

Restaurant aggregator and food delivery company Zomato has raised US$660 million (over ₹4,850 crore), taking its valuation to ₹3.9 billion. CEO Deepinder Goyal tweeted...

Uncategorized

Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari said on December 17 that GPS-based tolling will replace toll plazas in two years, The Hindu...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to Daily Newsletter

    © 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ