wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

DB Corp FY12: Rs 6.99 Cr Digital Revenues; Rs 6.55 Cr Loss

I Media Corp Ltd (IMCL), the digital arm of DB Corp which manages the group’s website and mobile properties, has reported a total loss of Rs 6.55 crore for the financial year, a significant 28.41% reduction from Rs 9.15 crore loss in FY11.

It reported a total revenues of Rs 6.99 crore for the year ended March 31, 2012 (FY12), a 130.7% growth from Rs 3.03 crore in FY11. This includes revenues from group portals like Indiainfo.com, dainikbhaskar.com, divyabhaskar.com, dailybhaskar.com, divyamarathi.com, myfmindia.com and mobile properties like 54567 which allows users to send messages consisting of images, audio, text and video.

While IMCL’s operational revenue stood at Rs 6.02 crore for the fiscal, up from Rs 2.86 crore in the previous fiscal, IMCL’s revenue from other sources was 9.78 0.98 crore, down from Rs 1.74 crore in the previous fiscal.

Portal revenue v/s SMS revenue: IMCL’s portals recorded a revenue of Rs 5.91 crore for the fiscal FY12, a 133.3% growth from Rs 2.54 crore revenue in the previous fiscal (FY11) while its SMS property generated a revenue of Rs 1.1 crore for the fiscal FY12, a significant 66.7% reduction from Rs 3.3 crore revenue in the previous fiscal.

Portal Metrics: In July 2012, Gyan Gupta, CEO, IMCL, had claimed that Dainik Bhaskar group sites had crossed a cumulative 200 million page views as of June 2012 and currently attracts 9 million unique visitors with Dainik Bhaskar alone accounting for 6.3 million unique visitors. He had stated that the group is registering 40% of its total traffic from metros, 30% from the rest of country and 29% from overseas regions. Further, Gupta also added that mobile platforms accounted for 10% of the total traffic, while the rest 90% traffic came from desktops and laptops.

In May 2012, DB Corp had claimed that DainikBhaskar.com recorded 110 million pageviews and DivyaBhaskar.com recorded 40 million pageviews as of November 2011, citing comScore metrics. It had also claimed that DainikBhaskar was the third largest news site in the country after Yahoo! News and Times of India, with a maximum amount of time spent by an user which stood at around 6.7 minutes.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

DB Corp Stake in IMCL: As of March 31, 2012, DB Corp holds 55% stake and 577,500 equity shares in IMCL, while Writers & Publishers Pvt Ltd holds 40.2% stake and 422,500 equity shares in IMCL.

Related:

– DB Corp Q4-FY12: Rs 360.6 Crore Total Revenue; Ad Revenue Up 5.4% YoY
– DB Corp Q2-FY12: Profits Dip 37%; Ad Revenue Increases 16% YoY
– DB Corp Launches Online Version Of Divya Marathi; 200M Cumulative Page Views

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali A little less than a year since their release, the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020 is being amended....

News

By Anand Venkatanarayanan                         There has been enough commentary about the Indian IT...

News

By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali The Indian antitrust regulator, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has a little more than a decade...

News

By Stella Joseph, Prakhil Mishra, and Surabhi Prabhudesai The recent difference of opinions between the Government and Twitter brings to fore the increasing scrutiny...

News

This article is being posted here courtesy of The Wire, where it was originally published on June 17.  By Saksham Singh The St Petersburg paradox,...

You May Also Like

News

Airtel and Reliance Jio now account for as much as 65% of India’s total Mobile connections. BSNL has just 10%. While Reliance Jio and...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ