Sify Technologies, the NASDAQ listed Indian Internet and IT firm, reported total revenues of Rs 197.4 crore for the quarter ended June 30th 2012, an year on year growth of 11%, excluding a one-time System Integration project of Rs 48.6 crore which was also part of Q1FY11 revenue. The company’s EBITDA was at Rs 17.9 crore in contrast with Rs 10.9 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
The company reported a net loss of Rs 6.8 crore against a net loss of Rs 11.1 crore in the corresponding quarter, last year. Out of all the business segments, the major chunk of revenue came from Enterprise, from which, the company earned close to Rs 181 crore. The segment witnessed a decline of 12% Year on Year. On the other hand, revenues from software segment also saw a decline. The company did not report commercial and consumer business revenues, separately.
– It mentions that Sify.com portal grew 28% in terms of unique visitors over the last 12 months, and that content and product engagements also contributed significantly to the overall revenue.
– The company informs that its SOHO/SMB customer base grew by 4% over the previous quarter, across multiple industries, including Manufacturing, Dealers, Professionals, Cyber cafes and Retail chains.
– Sify’s Network services witnessed growth, with Data revenue increasing by about 8% over same quarter last year
– The company’s international Voice business registered a 38% growth over the corresponding quarter last year
– During the quarter, it launched “Videomeet” video conferencing service.
– Sify’s eLearning team recorded significant sales in the Pharmaceutical industry, with projects for eLearning development and Learning Management Systems from a big client, and the Retail industry, with a project for one of Europe’s largest chain of online pet animal stores.
– The company mentions that its domestic network coverage now stands at 1500 plus base stations across 800 towns and cities.
– It reported that its direct sales agents and channel sales were contributing 37% of revenue, up by 7% over last quarter.
Sify did not elaborate on other aspects such as cybercafes, and broadband connections.