Jagran Prakashan has reported digital revenue (excluding advertising) of Rs. 2.10 crore up by 23.18% from Rs. 1.70 crore for Q1FY12, however,but down 8.57% from last quarter. The company said that its e-paper I-next grew by 69.12% and its online portal City Plus grew by 48.24% in terms of advertising. According to the financial report, all the digital properties (online+mobile) of the group reach nearly 7.5 million unique user, based on comscore data.
The company runs portal Jagran.com, Jagranjosh.com, classified portal Khojle.in, iPHONE version of Jagran.com, English version of Jagran.com known as JagranPost.com, gaming portal Jeetle.com and Jagran on mobile i.e. m.Jagran.com. It also has a tie-up with Yahoo India for Jagran.com and it runs Mid-day.com. Jagran also provides IVR/AVR/SMS through its short code service 57272.
– Jagran Group reported financial results for the Q1FY13 recording operating revenue of Rs.317.52 crore, up by 4.23% from Rs 304.65 crore for the same quarter last year.
– The company’s net profit after tax was Rs. 55.73 crore, up by 12.10% for the same quarter last year. It calculated net profit after accounting for the impact of FOREX loss of Rs. 13.78 crore, out of which Rs. 9.16 crore relate to borrowings raised for acquisition of fixed assets.
– Advertisement revenues was at Rs. 220.66 crore, up by 8.03% from Rs. 204.27 crore for Q1FY12.
– Circulation revenues was at Rs. 64.05 crore, up by 10.04% from Rs. 58.20 crore for Q1FY12.
Jagran Prakashan publishes 37 editions and over 200 sub-editions of its newspaper Dainik Jagran, a tabloid called City Plus (23 editions), and I-Next, a bilingual newspaper. It also runs Mid-Day Multimedia’s print business including publication brands Mid-Day (published from Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and Delhi), Sunday Mid-Day, Gujarati Mid-day and The Inquilab. It had also acquired Suvi Info-Management (Indore), which publishes Hindi dailies Naidunia and Navdunia.
– Event and Outdoor Revenues at Rs 24.28 crore as against Rs 33.73 crore for the same quarter previous year.
Download – Release + Financials (pdf)