The contribution of Mobile Value Added Services (including P2P SMS and mobile data) or Non Voice Revenue to Idea Cellular‘s service revenues has increased quarter-on-quarter to 14.5% of total service revenue, for the three month period ending June 30, 2012 (Q1-FY13). This is slightly higher than the 14.3% of service revenue reported last quarter.
The company’s gross revenue stood at Rs 5538.2 crore, up 2.5% from Rs 5403.5 crore in the last quarter. However, there is no indication from the company, of how much of this growth has been driven by mobile data services. Mobile ARPU for the company registered a decrease to Rs 156, from Rs 160 that it had reported at the end of the last quarter.
Idea claims to have 15% revenue market share in India.
– Average minutes of use: 379, same as 379 last quarter, and up from 369 the quarter before.
– Average Realization per minute (ARPM): decreased to Rs 0.0412 from Rs 0.0422 the last quarter, and Rs 0.433 the quarter before.
– MNP: claims a net gain of 3.5 million customers (as on July 10, 2012) from other existing operators.
– Minutes of Use: The total number of minutes on network increased 5.3% to 131 billion from 124.30 billion. This is the highest minutes of use for Idea Cellular in the last five quarters.
– Connection base: grew to 117.2 million. As of May 31, 2012, Idea claims to have 92.3% of reported subscribers as VLR subscribers (active), which is the highest in the industry. In addition, it says that it added 3.1 million net VLR subscribers during the quarter Q1-FY13 against 6.4 million net VLR subscribers during the quarter Q4-FY12.
– Prepaid subscribers: 96.5% of total subscriber base.
– Cell sites: 13,363 3G cell sites, up from 12,825. 83,860 2G cell sites, up quarter on quarter from 83,190.
– Churn: 9.9% blended churn, with prepaid churn at 10.1% and postpaid churn at 3.1%
Idea claims that its 3G services are available in 20 service areas (excluding Orissa and Punjab) in India through a combination of home network and roaming arrangements. The company had introduced affordable Idea branded 3G Dual SIM Android smartphones during the quarter, trying to transition its subscribers to high speed data. Idea reported 3.1 million 3G subscribers, at the end of the quarter.
Idea Cellular reported a consolidated profit of Rs 234.14 crore for the quarter, down from Rs 238.98 crore in the previous quarter. The total revenue increased to Rs 5503.69 crore from Rs Rs 5369.7 crore in the previous quarter.
On a standalone basis, profit after tax for the quarter stood at Rs 198.1 crore, down from Rs 201.6 crore last quarter. It reported revenues of Rs 5538.2 crore, up from Rs 5403.5 crore in the last quarter.
On an year-on-year basis, absolute EBITDA has grown to Rs 1289 crore (Q1FY13), a 20.8% increase from Rs 1066.6 crore (Q1FY12). The company says its standalone EBITDA margin increased by 1% on a QoQ basis to 23.3%. The Net Debt for the company stands at Rs 11,485.5 crore as on March 2012, and the Net Debt – Equity ratio is at 0.88.