wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

DB Corp Launches Online Version Of Divya Marathi; 200M Cumulative Page Views

DB Corp, publisher of the Hindi daily Dainik Bhaskar, Divya Bhaskar, Saurashtra Samachar and Dainik Divya Marathi, has launched an online version of its Marathi Newspaper Divya Marathi at divyamarathi.bhaskar.com, to offer daily news from Maharastra region in Marathi language. While the announcement was made recently, we noticed that the portal had gone live around October last year as Divyamarathi.com.

Content: The site currently offers a mix of current Maharashtra news, daily national and international news, and news from various genres including Business, Sports, Bollywood among others in Marathi language. It also uses various story formats like articles, slideshows, editorials and features among others to deliver the news. The site currently sources content from independent agencies and the Divya Marathi Network but there is also an in-house content team which develops articles on the website. The site also offers an e-paper which allows readers to read the print newspaper from various cities like Aurangabad, Nasik, Ahmednagar and many others. Users can also filter these newspapers to specific cities  by using a drop down box present in the website.

Navigation: Sporting a similar design as its group sites Dainik Bhaskar, and Divya Bhaskar, the homepage features a navigation bar on the top which allows reader to jump into any specific section like International News, Bollywood, Health, Humor and many others. It also offers quick access to an Insurance section, powered by PolicyBazaar.com and a Games section powered by Hungama’s TheGameBox.com.

There is a top stories section followed by a tabbed section which offers city-wise news for Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Nasik, Ahmednagar and other prominent cities in the Maharashtra, and various news sections providing the latest news in entertainment topics like Bollywood, Hollywood, Movie Reviews, TV and other genres like National, International, offbeat news among others. There is a dedicated sidebar on the left which features a slideshow of news briefs, a keyword based search box and a local search and classified search box for which it had partnered with Getit couple of months back.

On the story pages, the site allows users to read the article, view or post comments or browse through related stories in widget embedded within the article. Whats interesting though is that the site allows readers to post comments in English, Hindi Roman or Hindi Phonetic. The site has implemented Facebook login mechanism, and offers various social media buttons to share stories on Email, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

Dainik Bhaskar Numbers: In a recent Campaign India report, Gyan Gupta, CEO, I Media Corp Limited (IMCL), a DB Corp subsidiary, claimed that Dainik Bhaskar group sites currently attracts 9 million unique visitors with Dainik Bhaskar accounting for 6.3 million unique visitors, and that it had crossed a cumulative 200 million page views as of June 2012. He stated that they are registering 40% of the total traffic from metros, 30% from the rest of country and 29% from overseas. Further, Gupta also added that mobile platforms accounted for 10% of the total traffic and is growing, while the rest 90% traffic came from desktops and laptops.

In May 2012, the group had claimed during its Q4FY12 results that DainikBhaskar.com had recorded 110 million pageviews and DivyaBhaskar.com had recorded 40 million pageviews as of November 2011. It had also claimed that Dainik Bhaskar is currently the 3rd largest news site in the country after Yahoo! News and Times of India with a maximum amount of time spent by an user hovering around 6.7 minutes.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

News

Indians visit Wikipedia over 750 million times every month, making the country the fifth largest audience for the website. The 20-year-old online encyclopedia is...

News

The Delhi High Court on Monday refused to stop Amazon from pushing regulators to stop the sale of the Future Group’s businesses to Reliance...

News

Pine Labs has raised around $100 million in fresh funds from Lone Pine Capital, a hedge fund based in the United States, at a...

News

Restaurant aggregator and food delivery company Zomato has raised US$660 million (over ₹4,850 crore), taking its valuation to ₹3.9 billion. CEO Deepinder Goyal tweeted...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to Daily Newsletter

    © 2008-2018 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ